ohms sweet ohms... (1 Viewer)

I know what you're saying but two 8 Ohm speakers will still show the amp 4 Ohm. So even though they are independent in the cab, when you connect to the parallel outputs of the head they'll be two parallel speakers giving 4 Ohm. There's a chance your head is 4 Ohm but I doubt it seeing as it's a plexi copy. I'd say you're better leaving the cab at 16Ohm and working away with that rather than risking damage to the OT.

Seems like a lot of unecessary work? Or am I missing something?

What he's trying to emulate is the stereo option on newer marshall heads/cabs, defo unneccessary imo and I'm not too sure how stereo it'd be either..

Considering it's still one head/mono source then yeah not stereo.

not trying to emulate any stereo. i should have just said two equal ouputs from both on the head to two separate inputs, one on each 8 ohm speaker but thats gonna give a load of 4 ohms.

Surely one input if the speakers were connected to each other properly would do the same job?

(it should be noted I'm not entirely sure what I'm talking about)

my little 15 or 30w bass amp gets really really warm really fast when i switch it on these days. its connected to the speaker that came with it from the factory. anyone?

Clean it. Chance the power supply or power transistors is/are on it's way out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back