Official Tour De France thread 2006. (1 Viewer)

brianoak

So after witnessing Inspector Horse throw shit around his Kitchen upon hearing the news that both Basso and Ullrich are suspended,its shaping up to be a pretty shit tour so far.

Regardless,I am still going to follow it as much as work permits.

Prologue tommorrow

campers_kids_on_bikes.JPG

Pantone247 said:
brianoak said:
So after witnessing Inspector Horse throw shit around his Kitchen upon hearing the news that both Basso and Ullrich are suspended,its shaping up to be a pretty shit tour so far.
who's showing footage? with the world cup on even the tennis is getting a bad look in

eurosport and TG4 are streaming it from there site when it hits the mountains.

believe it or not more money is generated in Sponsorship and advertising by the tour than any other sporting event in the world.

Pantone247 said:
I did not know that

you ever read this?

0224061704.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

a-ha-mazing book
That books fantastic, I read it about 3 or 4 years ago, only book Ive ever read about cycling, are channel 4 and tg4 showing tour highlights then? I dont have eurosport

I would imagine both are Leo.

My mate just got this deadly book about the death of Pantani.
Looks great.
No I never read that other one,must have a look for it.

cool. cheers brian. I was waiting for someone else to start this thread....

anyway - get yer shorts on, apparently we're riding as a combined slomatics/oak squad (due to the fact that everyone on a pro team has been sent home). I'm doped up to the eyeballs on horse tranqualizer as we speak.

Gary will take yellow until we hit the pyrenees - then you take over. I'll co-ordinate with the team car to ensure we have enough cans for each stage.

joematic said:
cool. cheers brian. I was waiting for someone else to start this thread....

anyway - get yer shorts on, apparently we're riding as a combined slomatics/oak squad (due to the fact that everyone on a pro team has been sent home). I'm doped up to the eyeballs on horse tranqualizer as we speak.

Gary will take yellow until we hit the pyrenees - then you take over. I'll co-ordinate with the team car to ensure we have enough cans for each stage.

Sweet Joe not a bother.i will do the work on the hills and you just hang my wheel and take the sprints.

Im relying on you for the time trial though.
Couzens can be our team "doctor".
Sloan is our all rounder.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
No way,I pose hard on the hills,they have me beat. I'll sacrifice my cans for record shop stops.

cheers Gary,thats a good move for the team.Me and joe will need them if we are to go all the way.
Anyways Dave(Inspector horse) is our wild card.

Seeing as there are only two girls that kiss the victors of the stages and you and Dave are predisposed I think its only fair me and Joe get them.

agreed?

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Seems like I have no room for argument on that one.

Either does Dave.
Looks like the next three weeks are looking up for me and Joe.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Might be the only hope for you guys. rock and roll sure isn't paying off.

thats for sure,sure you only have to look at our signatures to see that.

brianoak said:
I would imagine both are Leo.

My mate just got this deadly book about the death of Pantani.
Looks great.

is it the one by Matt Rendell. it certainly looks good

ok i personal opinion with all the riders who's been kicked out so far. i think Levi leipheimer will win for Gerolsteiner. He was in great form in June at the Dauphine and i think he's a very good chance now. Valverde i think will be 2nd (i packed the horse numbersixvalverde twice because of this cyclist) and aussie Cadel Evans of Davitamon Lotto i think will come 3rd.

it's a wide open race because of the lies/allegations/truths (pick the one which refers to your opinion) of El Pais.

oh and my cycling magazine, Procycling had good timing. it came yesterday with Ullrich on the cover and inside itnerviews with both Ullrich and Mancebo (Ag2r). excellent timing. they day Mancebo and Ullrich are sent home from the tour along with my brother's favourties Basso and my old favourties Astana-Wurth (i was a fan of Once, then of Liberty Seguros when ONCE stoped sponsoring them and now i like Astana-Wurth)

the real loser is the Kazakh's on Astana-Wurth team. They've not been implication by El Pais but they miss the Tour anyway. Is that fair. Not to me

i could go on and on and on about this. i have strong feelings but i also have my biases on it so

I've booked a week off from work for the final week of the tour (also antoher week off for the final week of the Vuelta. )

Cancellara or Zabriske or Millar to hold the first yellow.
someone from discovery channel will win overall. popovych maybe.

thats assuming all of the above are riding - I haven't checked who's left in the race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back