Octave Pedals (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

So following on from my beefy distortion thread (i'm going for the 2nd cab option by the way), someone suggested an octave pedal might be of use.

So yeah, anyone have any suggestions? I've never used one in my life.

So following on from my beefy distortion thread (i'm going for the 2nd cab option by the way), someone suggested an octave pedal might be of use.

The Pog is supposed to be fantastic. Expensive but.

I'm quite fond of my whammy.

I have a boss octave pedal and love it. Only really useable when playing single notes and not chords. I didn't really read the beefy distortion thread so I don't know how it would work out for you.

this is the ultimate,i'll never sell it!
OCTRON.JPG

I have a Boss OC-3. It's got a 1 oct and 2 oct drop. And also a distorted 1 oct drop which is freakin amazin. I bought this in the hope of, well, beefing up my guitar sound a bit. It does that, but there no way you can use it for chords. It's strictly a 1-string at a time effect. It's advertised as polyphonic, but anything after 2-notes the signal starts getting really weird and jumbled.
I remember Sean from the Ghostwoods had an Ibanez 7thHeaven pedal (maybe?) which had a low end the size of a barn. It was huge! I thinks it's designed for 7-string guitars or summat, so it really caters for the beef quotient

I think you just need to play through a proper big tube amp & cab. Your'e trying to get beefy distorsion from a clean channel roland combo and a tubescreamer. Your amp is a vegetarian. Il bring the meat when im in cork next. It will be a meaty beef feast. :D

i have
mxr-blue_box.jpg

and

OC-3.jpg

At the moment the boss one is my favourite cos I know how to work it and have it a year or two now, the blue box is fairly new, got it as a christmas present so I'm just getting to grips with it as it is a fuzz/octave down pedal.The boss one is amazing for just blasting the shit out and fairly decently priced too.

the micro pog runs at about €200 i think. it can handle chords supposedly.

the blue box is a mad man. only useful for freak outs and weird synthy sounds. its a quiet pedal too.

the micro pog runs at about €200 i think. it can handle chords supposedly.

the blue box is a mad man. only useful for freak outs and weird synthy sounds. its a quiet pedal too.

It works quite well in our band cos we are quite synthy but you really gotta beef up the sound with a big muff or another loud overdrive pedal.I really haven't given it the time it needs yet..

I think you just need to play through a proper big tube amp & cab. Your'e trying to get beefy distorsion from a clean channel roland combo and a tubescreamer. Your amp is a vegetarian. Il bring the meat when im in cork next. It will be a meaty beef feast. :D

HfH in man meat exchange shocker. :eek:

Totally. I bought a Marshall jcm800 4211 nearly 3 years ago. It's a 2x12 all tube amp. I use the pre-amp overdrive and it sounds big just by it's self.

Well I'm not going to be using it the whole way through in an effort to replace bass.
I just think that there are a couple of parts in our songs that'd sound pretty cool with an octave down effect on them. Get off my case Tom! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back