[Oct 2, 2015] Girls Names (LP Launch), Documenta (Empire Music Hall) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 715
  • Watchers 0

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
GIRLS NAMES
[Album Launch Show]
+ Documenta

The Empire Music Hall, Belfast
Friday 02 October 2015
Doors 8pm
Tickets £12 + Booking Fee
18+ Only

Belfast four piece Girls Names are set to release their much anticipated third album 'Arms Around A Vision’ on Friday 2nd October. That night the band are also set to host a special album launch show at The Empire, Belfast with support from psych-rock maestros and friends, Documenta. Tickets go on sale this Friday 9am from shine.net and Ticketmaster priced £12+bf.
Listen to the new single here: https://soundcloud.com/tough-love

Tickets on sale Friday at 9am www.shine.net www.ticketmaster.ie Katy’s Bar & Ticketmaster outlets nationwide. Northern Ireland customers 0844 277 44 55 & Republic of Ireland customers 0818 719 300

Hi Res - http://www.undertheradarmag.com/uploads/article_images/213412girlsnames.jpg

Girls Names' third album Arms Around A Vision coming in October and they will launch it with Documenta in support at The Empire Music Hall on Friday 2nd of the same month. Tickets go on sale this Friday.

"Most guitar music now is just a playground for the rich middle classes and it's really boring and elitist," says Girls Names' frontman Cathal Cully. "We're elitist in our own way, in that we're on our own and you can't fuck with us when we've nothing to lose". That punk ethos clearly carries over to the Northern Ireland band's new single "Reticence."

Opening with sharp guitars that bring to mind Sister-era Sonic Youth, the track slips into a sleazy groove that eventually incorporates shimmering electronics before crashing back into the metallic dissonance of its opening moments. Says Cully on Girls Names' approach to making the new record: "We've got nothing. We've never had anything. And we don't expect to. The only person I ever wanted to impress was myself. I've never got anywhere close to succeeding in doing that until this album. I'm proud of it. I think I can start saying I'm a musician now.”

Look for Girls Names' new album, Arms Around a Vision, this October via Tough Love, while the band will be playing The Empire on 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back