Oak Hoops? (1 Viewer)

seagal

Do they exist, Im loving the sound of wood rims on a snare but i've got a feeling the maple ones would break too quick...any ideas if such a product exists and where I might get em?

14"

pretty hard yeh, but all wood stuff thats hit is going to get all melty after a while anyway.

Had a woodblock that broke in a week so had to get one of those beefy LP Jamblocks so ive always been scared of hitting a wood edge on the kit since then.

okay, well if you can brake a jam block, then really i dont think theres a wood hoop thatll take that kinda bashing.

my wood hoops are crazy soft maple. im not a hard hitter but even still they get grubby. gotta give em a wipe every so often.

and ive done gigs where the engineer has hesitated when putting clips on the tom..

I found these reinforced jobies a while back but would they have the same tone?

GIB_DunHybridSnrHoop.jpg

id say so alright. are you putting them on a wood snare or a steel snare?

youre still gonna turn em to mush though eventually. are they pricey? also, beware that theyll only fit on certain snares.

Its going to be on a custom all maple snare a friend is making for me, so Im lucky in that it will have to fit :)

They are a bit pricey alright so im still looking to source an oak one if they exist.

Aswell as getting mashed up,I might just try an oak one see how long it lasts before I buy the reinforced one. Thanks for the help though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back