O2 customers and priority gig tickets (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunny

...a mate (works in O2) recently told me why it was so hard to get AC/DC tickets for their gig at the (O2) point, because O2 customers get first dibs on upcoming gigs, I couldn't believe it, but its true. So regardless of how much of a fan of the band you are, some duchebag who just got a glittery AC/DC t-shirt in Topshop last month and knows of one hit gets preference, because he's an O2 customer. What a load of shite! I spent fucking ages online trying to buy a ticket that morning, I was early too, but there's only a limited number of tickets available for non O2 customers.

What the fuck? How does this kind of monopoly become legal? What do bands think of it, or do they care? Suppose they're getting paid either way.

ITS A SHIT DEVELOPMENT IN THIS COUNTRY ANYWAY
!bog

folk who got thier acdc tickets through the o2 priority network probably wont have much to say about this mid way through highway to hell.

some irony there i think.

I think there's only a fairly limited amount available with the O2 pre-sale thing. It was hard to get tickets because millions of people wanted to go.

it defo a step in the wrong direction though. it matters less to people who have been working for the past few years, but if you were unemployable like me, a credit card was out of the question, so most gigs were beyond my reach. this drove me mental, but the majority of folk had credit cards so it wasnt really something gave out about. this is adding another hurdle, and is a step in the direction of monopoly. imagine that everyone at acdc this year most likely has A: a mobile phone and B: a credit card.

it would have been hard to envisage an acdc gig like that going back a bit.

. imagine that everyone at acdc this year most likely has A: a mobile phone and B: a credit card.

it would have been hard to envisage an acdc gig like that going back a bit.

Well that's true but then who doesn't have a mobile phone at least these days? I was pleasantly surprised actually that most of the audience seemed to be die-hard fans/rockers. Can I just say how amazing it was before Pete or Dudley shuts down the thread?

15% me hole, I'd say it was more at AC/DC. I do understand that it has become trendy to like AC/DC in the last few years, so that also added to how hard it was to get tickets.

Monopolies though, what are gonna do about the new Lansdowne Rd stadium (unfortunately called the Aviva Stadium)? Do you have to be insured with Hibernian/Aviva to get tickets to watch Ireland matches? Bollocks!

I hate all this over-sponsorship. Its getting like USA with their Pepsi stadiums in every city. Whatever happened to place names?

Monopolies though, what are gonna do about the new Lansdowne Rd stadium (unfortunately called the Aviva Stadium)? Do you have to be insured with Hibernian/Aviva to get tickets to watch Ireland matches? Bollocks!

Hardly, they find it hard enough to sell out as it is. Il Trap wouldn't be on the radio telling you your country needs you if it were otherwise.

I'd well believe the 15% for AC/DC. Remember they also had a fanclub pre-sale. I've never known as many people looking for tickets for a gig as that one. Hardly anyone got one because everyone was looking for one. I only know 1 person who got one using the o2 presale.

I know someone who works in Ticketmaster and they said there were less than 3,000 tickets onsale to the general public for AD/DC. The rest all went to corporate clients and the like. Presumably O2 would be included in this but I seriously doubt they sold the other 10,000 through priority booking.

I got a text this morning inviting me to sign up for O2 priority booking. I deleted it straight away because the chances of me actually going to a gig there ever are slim to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back