Nurse With Wound (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 4

ron

Stephen Stapleton sounds like a really interesting bloke from his Invisible Jukebox in the Wire some
time back. He and family have been living in Co Clare for the last number of years.
Just wonderin if he's collaborated with any Irish heads, played in Ireland, can be seen in any of Clares locals etc.
Cheers

ron said:
Stephen Stapleton sounds like a really interesting bloke from his Invisible Jukebox in the Wire some
time back. He and family have been living in Co Clare for the last number of years.
Just wonderin if he's collaborated with any Irish heads, played in Ireland, can be seen in any of Clares locals etc.
Cheers

i'm a close friend of his. he has lived in clare for about 15 years. he collaborates with any musicans around him. he has just got into playing live, dont hold your breath for an irish performance.

also, to state once and for all, NWW will not be playing at the electric picnic or the noisemakers fife. also, "soundpooling" / "a hand-job for the laughing policeman" is fantastic.

Just to add to what Brian has already said, Irish collaborators have included Aranos (who's not Irish but lives in Galway) and Peat Bog, The Inflatable Sideshow and Earthmonkey. Peat has recently emigrated to Australia.

How come the lack of performances in Ireland Brian? It seems that Steve and Current 93 seem to keep all their live efforts for places like San Fran and Toronto. Disregarding Vienna and Scribble Seven of course. I would've thought Ireland would be the perfect place for Steve to have a couple of low key gigs and try out the old live setup?

I got my order in on time for the Soundpooling special edition with the Hand Job CD, can't wait to hear it. I've had the Vienna set for a good while now, is the Soundpooling version better from a quality viewpoint?

I was in college with his daughter. She was really really hot. Like... really.

I think it's a testament to how awesome nursewithwound is when Damo Suzuki, when playing a gig in galway with UBS, got giddy like a schoolgirl when he found out that stephen was in the crowd. Maybe it was my awesome grass.

Dead Roads craddle your Snatch is the shit. White rabbits for the noise crowd.

B

jackofficer said:
How come the lack of performances in Ireland Brian? It seems that Steve and Current 93 seem to keep all their live efforts for places like San Fran and Toronto. Disregarding Vienna and Scribble Seven of course. I would've thought Ireland would be the perfect place for Steve to have a couple of low key gigs and try out the old live setup?

his live collaboraters include colin potter (UK), andrew liles (UK), matt waldron of irr. app. (ext.) (USA), stan reed (USA), and others. first of all, there are the travel expenses of getting all of these people together. secondly, steven very much wants to make the upcoming NWW shows to be a special experience, with top quality sound, particular performance and films. also, i find it very unlikely, due to his fairly solitary nature, that he will be doing any kind of extended touring. i'm not ruling it out, but at the moment it seems very unlikely.

I got my order in on time for the Soundpooling special edition with the Hand Job CD, can't wait to hear it. I've had the Vienna set for a good while now, is the Soundpooling version better from a quality viewpoint?

well, its a different show to the one which appeared on certain file sharing programs. it was the third show, which was the most extreme and intense reworking of "Salt Marie...". also, there is new material on the Soundpooling CD.

piratio said:
I was in college with his daughter. She was really really hot. Like... really.

art college? that was ruby, his step-daughter. an absolutely wonderful and beautiful person. she is a fantastic artist also, her work adorned the cover of NWW's "Salt Marie Celeste"

I think it's a testament to how awesome nursewithwound is when Damo Suzuki, when playing a gig in galway with UBS, got giddy like a schoolgirl when he found out that stephen was in the crowd. Maybe it was my awesome grass.

aye, i was at that one. steven was hugely impressed with the UBS and Suzuki performance, saying that it was the nearest thing to seeing Can live around the mid-70s. and he should know, as he was there then. I found it hard to concentrate on the performance, however, as i had z'ev ranting in my ear for about two hours. fun night though. apparently two Can fans got into a fist-fight over whether "monster movie" or "tago mago" was the better album.

Dead Roads craddle your Snatch is the shit. White rabbits for the noise crowd.

the Chystral Belle Scrodd albums are deadly. that said, i dont really think its noise?

Brian Conniffe said:
apparently two Can fans got into a fist-fight over whether "monster movie" or "tago mago" was the better album.

well they were fighting over a fivespot outside richardsons in eyre square - don't believe everything you read in the galway advertiser...

that was the only deserted village gig i had to q in the rain to get into!

apparantly the fella from cane141 is doing something with stapleton at the moment - so i hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back