• Replies 26
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 4

Corm

Website
www.myspace.com
640x444-CRW_5172.jpg

640x425-CRW_5189.jpg
http://gallery.nathue.dk/arkivdato/2005/2005-02/2005-02-25_2/.cache/640x425-CRW_5189.jpg

640x480-CRW_5182.jpg

Some people were asking to see these but I can't remember who so it's easier than e-mailing them to post them here, they're from our first show last weekend, it's with a few of the ex-Uro people, playing heavy down-tuned crust, something like Extreme Noise Terror, Disrupt, His Hero Is Gone, Consume. We're hopefully doing a demo this month, we recorded 4 tracks before christmas, 2 of which are on a compilation, but I'm not at all happy with the mix so I'm not gonna make MP3's, I'll wait till we have a good recording. We're playing again April 2nd with Ballast, Infekcja and Kontrovers, I think you'll be here for it Ed, deadly!

The rest of the photos are here:

http://gallery.nathue.dk/arkivdato/2005/2005-02/2005-02-25_2/

P.S. - check out our deadly backdrop!

Corm said:
640x444-CRW_5172.jpg

640x425-CRW_5189.jpg

640x480-CRW_5182.jpg

Some people were asking to see these but I can't remember who so it's easier than e-mailing them to post them here, they're from our first show last weekend, it's with a few of the ex-Uro people, playing heavy down-tuned crust, something like Extreme Noise Terror, Disrupt, His Hero Is Gone, Consume. We're hopefully doing a demo this month, we recorded 4 tracks before christmas, 2 of which are on a compilation, but I'm not at all happy with the mix so I'm not gonna make MP3's, I'll wait till we have a good recording. We're playing again April 2nd with Ballast, Infekcja and Kontrovers, I think you'll be here for it Ed, deadly!

The rest of the photos are here:

http://gallery.nathue.dk/arkivdato/2005/2005-02/2005-02-25_2/

P.S. - check out our deadly backdrop!

They are pretty good photos,class!!

Ha! See ya later! It sounds JUST like Anti-Hero.

I dunno, SG's are just the coolest. I originally got it partly cos of the sound, but mostly because of Tony Iomi. Now I just love the sound, I don't think anything except for a Les Paul sounds as good. That bridge humbucker sound is just so vicious with good distort. My guitar is fucked though, same recurring problems, but I've had it 7 years now. I'm saving for a new one. I'll hopefully have this construction/demolition job that pays well when the snow melts here, I want to get a decent head too cos we're going to be touring in the summer and we want to do this band properly. I was goin round all the guitar shops yesterday and I think it's this that I've got my sights on, Gibson SG Special:

sgsc_wb.jpg

Nearly €1000...do yis think it's worth paying that much rather than getting another Epiphone copy? The Epiphones I was playing in the shop felt & sounded nice but I'm guessing that they won't sound and feel as nice in 5 years, whereas a proper Gibson will? Anyone have experience/advice? I still basically just want a guitar sound like the sound on His Hero Is Gone's "Monuments To Thieves" LP. What kind of amplification would be good for that?

Its worth buying a proper Gibson if you are going to look after it. if its just something for thrashing around at gigs then the epi is your man. A 1000+ euro Guitar is an investment. They keep their value for a long time. and in some cases go up in value.
The SG is a classic timeless guitar. i just get a pain in my bollox seeing so many of them. If i had the cash id pick one up but it wouldnt be my main guitar.
that job would go to a Schecter. http://www.schecterguitars.com half the price of a "classic" guitar and just as good. Look sweet as fuck too. Sounds animal, duncan pickups are the way forward.

Whats your budget on an amp?
Obviously something like a Mesa Boogie Double Rectifier or a Triple Rectifier is the king of all amps. But you can get great tones from the new digital amps.
You'd be surprised the noise you can get out of a 50 Watt Valve Fender Amp too.
i have a 100 Watt Fender Tube amp thats in need of repair but when it was up and running it was a fucking beast.
At the moment im using a Behringer Vampire Modelling head into a 4X12" Behringer Cab , got both of those for 450 including delivery from Germany www.thomann.de
Behringer dont have the best name in the world for anything really but this amp is a fucking savage.
hundreds of different Amps and effects built in. loads of features like built in tuner and stuff.

Gar

Yeah, it's totally something I'd be taking extremely good care of, hardcase, being anal about others using it and that probably. If I'm going to spend that kind of money on it it's a big investment.

Don't really like the look of those Schecter models...too metaaal...of course in the end it always comes down tto how cool they look :)
The budget on the amp depnds on the amp...I'll just work as much as I have to to get the gear that will give me a good solid sound that I can depend on, I'm sicking of having gigs, practises, etc fucked up because of gear I can't depend on...but I just don't have any idea of the different sounds from different amps...just have to spend plenty of time using different ones I guess...I'm not too interested in digital effects of any stuff like that...just LOUD FUCKING DISTORTION. And a really deep, rumbling bass to it...

Them SG specials are really nice. Me mate's got one and I love playin it.

I'm sure Gary or Bernard will be along at some point to plug the Gordon Smith version which is supposed to be well worth a look.

Toni Iommi .|..| .|..|

bombidol said:
Obviously something like a Mesa Boogie Double Rectifier or a Triple Rectifier is the king of all amps.

Absolutely one of the most horrible valve amps i've ever played. And yes,I'd take a Gordon Smith over a Gibson any day,and they are way more punk too.

[ We're playing again April 2nd with Ballast, Infekcja and Kontrovers, I think you'll be here for it Ed, deadly!

indeed i will be there for that, saturday 26th or march (eek four weeks) n' all i'll be over, fuckin early too, like 10am or some fucked up time like that, should be a good beginning to six months or rawkin shows.|..| .|..| gonna see so many good bands this year its killer, missing out on kylesa by about 8 days in vancouver though! gurr

mmm vancouver only between 18th april and 18th may, and then again around the 10-18th august, maybe in toronto in between then at some stage, where ya goin, and ian do you know anyone froma band called 'the young ones'?

also cormo or ian either of ye heard of a zine called FORDAERV, it means decay in danish apparently, it's a zombie comic zine, the guy from it just did a deadly flyer for the zine trade and added his zine, either of yes know him?

Dude i reckon you are the only punter in the world not to like Mesa Boogie Amps. And dont go tellin me you prefer marshall Tube heads over all else! dont be lettin the side down chief

bombidol said:
Dude i reckon you are the only punter in the world not to like Mesa Boogie Amps. And dont go tellin me you prefer marshall Tube heads over all else! dont be lettin the side down chief

boogies are too nice,i reckon if you want to sound like a fat wrek band they'd be fine but for something that sounds properly heave and full,old non master volume Marshall's are what everything else wishes it was. 100 watt super leads/plexis are the greatest amp ever. you'd be surprised how many people with good guitar sounds use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back