• Thread starter path
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0

path

Since 2000
mornin

i see that the government are coming down hard on street punx and field-invading drinkers by hiking the price of cider. what are crusties gonna drink now? spose they've always been brewing their own home brand rocket fuel anyway (maybe when they're doing their tax returns for their homebrew they'll include the increase though.. :))

regards

and to think I was gonna give up cause they were gonna go up by 80p or something ridiculous...here you, giveus a smoke.

McCreevy's a smoker.
Yesssssss an insider...

most people are getting £5 extra a week - and they say there's a recession.
(actually they don't. it's a slowdown. they're just earning money slower - remember that when you're laid off)

The 21p on a pint of cider is supposed to bring the duty charged on it into line with what is charged on beer

Problem is, cider is already more expensive than beer in pubs

I am unimpressed.

Stewart Little (06 Dec, 2001 10:43 a.m.):
most people are getting £5 extra a week - and they say there's a recession.

but when the euro 'happens' we'll all be ripped off anyway so a fiver means fuck all.

21 jaysus pence?

so i am looking at paying in the region of £3.70 for a pint now?
me ballix.

i think it's back to the days of the naggin of jameson in the handbag for me.

You should brew your own beer and cider. Me and some guys I lived with did it for a while. After a year at it we worked out that with the cost of ingedients and all the equipment we bought that our pints had cost us between 13-15 pence. And it gets you mighty hammered, although it has some strange effects, memory loss (after two or three pints sometimes), 10 megaton hangovers, etc.

...I'm only after getting the nothing added but tax thing...very good.

peepee (06 Dec, 2001 10:58 a.m.):
21 jaysus pence?

so i am looking at paying in the region of £3.70 for a pint now?
me ballix.

i think it's back to the days of the naggin of jameson in the handbag for me.

there's a bloke I work with who was in zansibar a couple of weeks ago and he said it was £4 a pint...madness i tells ya.

ALDI sells lovely bottles of wine for £3...deadly buzz. just bring a marks and spencers bag with you and no one will be none the wiser.

but when the euro 'happens' we'll all be ripped off anyway so a fiver means fuck all.

ah come on, its not like nobodies been told about the Euro except shopkeepers or anything, I hate this were all gonna get ripped off attitude... its as simple as bringing a calculater with you shopping (or brushing up on the doing sums in your head buzz) and not dealing with pricks who over charge... or report the fuckers.

I presume Globalised Resistence and their crusty ilk willl be taking to the streets over the cider increase... the government are trying to break your moral with over priced scrumpy!!!

am i going mentler or is it not so long ago that a pint of cider was £2 in city center hostelries? hostelrys? pubs.

mugwump (06 Dec, 2001 11:04 a.m.):
there's a bloke I work with who was in zansibar a couple of weeks ago and he said it was £4 a pint

that includes the 40p "i'm a thick eejit with no taste" tax, though, i believe.

here's a thought - in just one afternoon charlie mccreevy's probably done more to politicise the youth in the street than the likes of the SWP have ever done....

Pantone247 (06 Dec, 2001 11:08 a.m.):

ah come on, its not like nobodies been told about the Euro except shopkeepers or anything, I hate this were all gonna get ripped off attitude... its as simple as bringing a calculater with you shopping (or brushing up on the doing sums in your head buzz) and not dealing with pricks who over charge... or report the fuckers.

I presume Globalised Resistence and their crusty ilk willl be taking to the streets over the cider increase... the government are trying to break your moral with over priced scrumpy!!!

well, what are you going to do...refuse to pay ? Ask to speak with the manager...Of course you're going to get ripped off, even though you'll only be overcharged a small amount of cent, but the point is everything is going to increase in price....this is Ireland after all. Haven't you noticed that a lot of prices have already gone up ? CIE announced they are going to increase their prices 'because of the Euro, even though the government days before said 'oh we'll be keeping an eye on any overpricing'. The canteen where I work has increased it's prices already, to "prepeare for the Euro". People working in banks nearly went on strike if they didn't get more money for handling the Euro, and they are now getting a wage increase. How fucking moronic is that...everybody has to work, handle and "cope" with 2 currencies...chancers the lot of them. Thankfully I'm moving to Gemany next year to where the decent folk live and where the politicians don't look like jim henson rejects.

mugwump (06 Dec, 2001 11:34 a.m.):
Thankfully I'm moving to Gemany next year to where the decent folk live and where the politicians don't look like jim henson rejects.

Have you been to Germany lately,
Boss shit still stinks over there.

true...true...

but they have purity laws for their beer and outdoor swimming pools and the green party is in government and gigs are cheap and amserdam is a couple of hours car journey away and they have 'weather' and decent public transport and you don't get ripped of all the fucking time and acomadation is affordable and modern and they have a decent football league and the food, my god the food and the medical system is fantastic

and..and...and.

it's not perfect I know but they have the day to day shit sorted out and don't pretend everything is perfect

signed : moany bitch

mugwump (06 Dec, 2001 11:34 a.m.):
People working in banks nearly went on strike if they didn't get more money for handling the Euro, and they are now getting a wage increase. How fucking moronic is that...everybody has to work, handle and "cope" with 2 currencies...chancers the lot of them.

Chancers indeed, never mind the fact that most of them would be well used to dealing with exchange/conversion rates already with foreign currencies.

Fair play to them for playing the field for getting a wage increase. Off those scumbag banks as well. No easy feat.

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back