Notes on the coming AI-pocalypse (1 Viewer)

Tbh i was thinking more along the lines of the USA letting things go on as a software trial.
Israel are always going to deny war crimes and thier funders will too. Denying war crimes is standard.

Iron dome, drones, AI targeting - the first almost full trial of an automated war machine.

Tbh i was thinking more along the lines of the USA letting things go on as a software trial.
Israel are always going to deny war crimes and thier funders will too. Denying war crimes is standard.

Iron dome, drones, AI targeting - the first almost full trial of an automated war machine.

I am surprised that the Boston Dynamics killer robots haven't been sent in to rip the heads off of some people

What are the main AI companies in Ireland? Would it be mainly Google, Meta, and Microsoft?
NVIDIA dont have a base in Ireland, so I'm not counting them.

Kinda depends on what you mean by "AI". Pretty much everyone is doing machine learning these days - for example my team uses it to tune image searching, and to try and detect bad image uploads, on wikimedia commons. If you mean ChatGPT type stuff those are called Large Language Models (LLMs) - most of the big tech companies in Ireland like google, meta, microsoft (via their partnership with openai), and amazon are involved somehow. Dunno if any of the new players like OpenAI themselves have an office here - I'd guess not seeing as they're so new

Saw the BBC gave the ok last month for AI voices to be used in voice overs, so that's a whole heap of actors thrown on the scrap pile
In my job, they've already stopped hiring VO artists, which was once a core feature of what we do. It's all terrible Ai now

It'll be audiobooks next

There's an Oireachtas committee meeting today with X, TikTok and Meta to do with AI and children.
It's interesting enough.

Saw the BBC gave the ok last month for AI voices to be used in voice overs, so that's a whole heap of actors thrown on the scrap pile
Looked this up, and it was only for a single project where it was used for the voice of someone who's dying and can no longer speak

Thin end of the wedge though maybe, I guess time will tell

There's a segment about social media and kids on Prime Time tonight and they're discussing AI on The Late Debate too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back