Nosferatu Ranelagh (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
I got this mailed to me and thought some of you might have an interest.

Dartmouth Square, Ranelagh, Friday the 25th of September at 8pm sharp.

As part of Ranelagh Arts Festival we are running another cinema night in the park.
Come sit, watch, listen and enjoy. Bring something warm and something to sit on. Weather permitting and alcohol free!!

3epkano are a Dublin based, seven piece collective who are dedicated to producing original soundtracks for silent and avant-garde cinema. Founded in early 2004.

Nosferatu - A Symphony of Horrors
Directed by F.W. Murnau
Year of Production - 1921 (Germany)
Duration - 93mins
Silent with English intertitles

An iconic film of the German expressionist cinema, and one of the most famous of all silent movies, F. W. Murnau's Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror continues to haunt - and, indeed, terrify - modern audiences with the unshakable power of its images. By teasing a host of occult atmospherics out of dilapidated set-pieces and innocuous real-world locations alike, Murnau captured on celluloid the deeply-rooted elements of a waking nightmare, and launched the signature "Murnau-style" that would change cinema history forever.

In this first-ever screen adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula, a simple real-estate transaction leads an intrepid businessman deep into the superstitious heart of Transylvania. There he encounters the otherworldly Count Orlok - portrayed by the legendary Max Schreck, in a performance the very backstory of which has spawned its own mythology - who soon after embarks upon a cross-continental voyage to take up residence in a distant new land... and establish his ambiguous dominion. As to whether the count's campaign against the plague-wracked populace erupts from satanic decree, erotic compulsion, or the simple impulse of survival - that remains, perhaps, the greatest mystery of all in this film that's like a blackout...

Remade by Werner Herzog in 1979 (and inspiring films as diverse as Abel Ferrara's King of New York and The Addiction, and E. Elias Merhige's Shadow of the Vampire), F. W. Murnau's surreal 1922 cine-fable remains the original and landmark entry in the entire global tradition of "the horror film".

:heart: Nosferatu. Won't be around for this though, unfortunately.

A buddy of mine did a similar thing a few years back, providing his own soundtrack. It's kinda black metally in the Ulver circa-Bergtatt fashion. 1st part here, tis worth a look:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

eye'll be there. then again its on friday, thats nodzzz... decisions, decisions.

Pffffft. Nodzzz are SICK in the bent double throwing up from the sheer levels of awesome sense of the word. I think I just vomited a little even THINKING about it.

anyone else find 3pekano absolutely mad boring?

very much so.

when i saw this version a few years ago i thought it was a little over dramatic and could have been a little more minimal like Glass' score for Dracula but now I'm all turned around on the subject.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

brilliant night in fitzwilliam sq last night.
passed out at the end under a tree.
mate walked past the sq this morning and said the smell of piss is something fierce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back