No uniform day... (1 Viewer)

here, roisin, i think what you posted in that first post was a bit over the top.
you've complained about people bullying you before and i think it's smarter to rise above it than stoop to that level.

in fairness, i think you need to realise that people are people, whether it's school or work or whatever the fuck, you're going to have to deal with girls (or boys) wearing velour tracksuits or pink combats or grunger clothes and what have you, it's just life.

but here, actually, what's wrong with wearing those things you mentioned? i have or have had them all and i don't give a fuck whether or not it was acceptable in the eighties or not. anyway weren't you born in '89 or something?

(disclaimer, i wasn't born much earlier than '89 but i am pretty sure i wasn't so judgmental when i was in 6th year.)

sorry roisin. i just didn't like this post.
plz don't hate me.

I hate you now.

"I'm... the bad guy???"

Mannedyret_-_Falling_Down.jpg

jaysus, you folks sound like a bunch of... parents.

first time we had 'civvy day' in our school, a couple of lads turned up in KKK outfits. they didn't last long.

In fairness, two padded bras does seem excessive.

And unfathomable.

Hmm. Probably should have made the effort to actually read the initial post.

Anyhoo, non-uniform days in my primary school always resulted in lots of unnecessary pre-pubescent nastiness, exclusion and spite.

Secondary school was grand. Most of the girls had a thing for lumberjack shirts, which just added to what, in retrospect, was a Brokeback Mountain sorta vibe.

I don't recall any overt bitchiness in secondary school at all, actually. Maybe I've just edited those memories out and replaced them with scenes from The Sound of Music.

we weren't allowed have "no uniform days" in our school (even the charity ones, we were told to give the money to charity if we wanted - haha too true) - at the time i thought "GRR THIS REALLY SUCKS SO UNFAIR"

in hindsight - who gives a shit? college was just 5 years of no uniform day in school anyways. it's not like i have to wear a suit to work either...i could actually make more of an effort

SHORTS. EVEN IN WINTER. IT'S THE ONLY ANSWER. WENT TO A NON-DENOMINATIONAL MIXED SCHOOL SO I'D BE DAMNED IF EVERYONE WASN'T GONNA SEE MY HAIRY, MANLY LEGS.

AS A RESULT I WAS VOTED 'MR. BAYWATCH'. 'MS. BAYWATCH' WAS SMOKIN' HOT SO IT WORKED.

BUCHANAQUAANNNDO!!!

roisin is right to hate these fucks
they're pricks now and they'll be pricks forever
once we get out of school i think we sometimes forget how it feels to be forced into close proximity with pricks
at least in work you can ignore them
or maybe even get along with them cos sometimes they're not pricks
it's easy to preach respect when you don't have to go to school anymore

so says i.

I look like a fucking tramp in work... I should probably try a little harder... you see folks getting on the bus, all dressed up and aftershave and hair cuts... you're not impressing anyone suit boy

Dont listen to him suit boy ! I find your suit most impressive. And you smell nice too.

once we get out of school i think we sometimes forget how it feels to be forced into close proximity with pricks

so says i.
wow. so full of rage. why?

in my expierience, as a prick and a prick observer, it's them what shout "prick" the loudest are the pricks.

so says i.

So far, the worst thing anyone has done is wear pink combats.

Hardly 'Carrie' territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back