No new Pixies Album...thank god (2 Viewers)

What other band has put out 5 records in 5 years of such quality....em none.

for me, the following consectutive 'home runs' spring to mind.
mind you, they've not stopped after five and have put records out before and after. :)

The Fall 1979 - 1983
Dragnet - Grotesque - Slates - Hex Enduction Hour - Perverted By Language

Grateful Dead 1968 - 1971
Anthem Of The Sun - Aoxomoxoa - Workingman's Dead - American Beauty - Grateful Dead aka Skullfuck

The Residents 1974 - 1979
Meet The Residents - The Third Reich 'n' Roll - Fingerprince - Not Available - Eskimo

Prince 1983 - 1987
1999 - Purple Rain - Around The World In A Day - Parade - Sign Of The Times

Kraftwerk 1974 - 1981
Autobahn - Radioactivity - Trans Europe Express - The Man Machine - Computer World

stooge.jpg

eh, the beatles 1962-1970, all fourteen of their records.

i can't hardly stand the pixies at the moment. i hope it passes cos i used to love them. reunions always suck, don't they?

i can't hardly stand the pixies at the moment. i hope it passes cos i used to love them.

I would have agreed with you on that one but i listened to Trompe le Monde during the week and i was surprised how good it sounded. Surfer Rosa still sounds amazing as well but that's Albini for ya!

All the pixies records are great, just my opinion

for me, the following consectutive 'home runs' spring to mind.
mind you, they've not stopped after five and have put records out before and after. :)

The Fall 1979 - 1983 (I tried to like the fall, I bought the 50,000 fans best of...I dunno. They're a curiosity more than anything. Can you point out a few great songs I should listen to?)

Prince 1983 - 1987
1999 - Purple Rain - Around The World In A Day - Parade - Sign Of The Times (Have all these except 1999, The closest he got to a totally consistant album was Purple Rain, all the rest I found hit n' miss)

Kraftwerk 1974 - 1981
Autobahn - Radioactivity - Trans Europe Express - The Man Machine - Computer World
..(only have the man machine)

Surfer's my fave. Doolittle and Nevermind are the only two albums i love but can't listen to due to total overexposure from when i was twelve until about sixteen.

he Fall 1979 - 1983 (I tried to like the fall, I bought the 50,000 fans best of...I dunno. They're a curiosity more than anything. Can you point out a few great songs I should listen to?)

50,000 Songs is a pretty decent round-up.

i'd recommend listening to any of the five LPs mentioned above to get a flavour of what they were like in what was, for me, their strongest era.

for a more recent selection
- The Real New Fall LP (2003)

great songs, here's a few
- Leave The Capitol
- Totally Wired
- The N.W.R.A.
- The Classical
- Garden
- Wings
- Jawbone And The Air Rifle
- English Scheme
- Dead Beat Descendant
- Athlete Cured
- Australians In Europe

I bought 3 of the dvds, the first one, pixies sell out and LOUDquietLOUD thats enough for me. I'm not buying the albums again even if God himself has re mastered them.

Still, for me they're in that club along with The Beatles and The Smiths. All bands that made so much great music in a short amount of time. The Beatles recording history is what, about 7 years, The Smiths four years and the Pixies all done in five years.

So there'll be no new pixies album for the foreseeable future. I think this is a good thing. Don't get me wrong I love the pixies. I just don't want them to ruin a near perfect score card. What other band has put out 5 records in 5 years of such quality....em none.

http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/2485100

Guided By Voices (can't believe nggglllgtthh didn't say that). More like 10 in 10 years though. And all better ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back