No Means No (1 Viewer)

Rimbaud

...i'm nearly done here..
Supporter
Website
www.rimbaudrecords.com
Have`nt really seen anyone mention it here - what time and where is the No Means No gig starting in Cork Sunday.

Peoples views on these guys live - good bad?
I have`nt seen em or heard them myself.

Thu Jul 8 2004 ORCHARD LETTERKENNY , CD Fri Jul 9 2004 TBA BELFAST Sat Jul 10 2004 WHELANS DUBLIN Sun Jul 11 2004 HALF MOON CLUB CORK Afternoon All Ages Show

And here we have it - they`re playing with Alice Donut in London.I don`t know if thats a good or bad sign.
I like the cover of their new release though.

cork all ages show starts at 3pm at the Half Moon, adm 8.50 before 3.30pm if memory serves.

fightng with wire play support

nmn's last cork gig a few years ago was great so hopefully sunday will be similar.

saw them in glasgow last night,

expect the greatest hits, i think the set list was chosen by fans on the internet or something,

anyway the band are well into it so the atmosphere was great, if you know the songs you will love it, if your new to the songs the set will probably seem disjointed. a good night out though.

probably not of interest to most folk here but I've just been told the first 80 or so in to the gig are getting a free 14 track sampler featuring Icarus Line, Brendan Benson, Datsuns, Dogs die in hot cars, elbow, my red cell, powderfinger and others

Rimbaud said:
Thu Jul 8 2004 ORCHARD LETTERKENNY , CD Fri Jul 9 2004 TBA BELFAST Sat Jul 10 2004 WHELANS DUBLIN Sun Jul 11 2004 HALF MOON CLUB CORK Afternoon All Ages Show

Actually, they're playing in the Roisin Dubh in Galway on the 9th.

gugai said:
Rimbaud said:

Actually, they're playing in the Roisin Dubh in Galway on the 9th.

Got them dates off the Southern/No Means No site.

Jim A. Morrish said:
probably not of interest to most folk here but I've just been told the first 80 or so in to the gig are getting a free 14 track sampler featuring Icarus Line, Brendan Benson, Datsuns, Dogs die in hot cars, elbow, my red cell, powderfinger and others

mr bandicoot tells me the parcel has yet to arrive through the u.k. post so those sampler cd's won't be given out today but will at some future show ir and when they do arrive.

Jim A. Morrish said:
any reports from dublin show?
It was fuckin excellent. Its in my top 5 of Whelans gigs, not that I have one (in a HIgh Fidelity kinda way.)

The Boxes were class, managed to cadge a cd of the singer at the end. Melodic grungey sorta stuff.

NMN were class, played just under 2 hours. Cant remember the setlist but included The River,bodybag,theresa and gods knows what else. Thinkin cos poxegen was on it would be dead but the place was totally jammers. Loads of 'kids' moshing and just loads of rockin.

Rumours it may be the last dublin gig, maybe someone heard more.

Grandad rock roolz.

Paddy Casey played a gig later too but didnt spoil the night that much, even if he playd more covers than a covers band(Hey Ya,Mexico)

just back from the cork show, t'was excellent also.

They played nearly two hours and encored with 'here comes the summer', rags n bones sounded great as did the entire set, in fact I'd go so far as to say it was the best sounding gig i've ever been at in the Half Moon, so kudos to both nmn and their sound engineer.

thickaspigshit said:
It was fuckin excellent. Its in my top 5 of Whelans gigs, not that I have one (in a HIgh Fidelity kinda way.)

The Boxes were class, managed to cadge a cd of the singer at the end. Melodic grungey sorta stuff.

NMN were class, played just under 2 hours. Cant remember the setlist but included The River,bodybag,theresa and gods knows what else. Thinkin cos poxegen was on it would be dead but the place was totally jammers. Loads of 'kids' moshing and just loads of rockin.

Rumours it may be the last dublin gig, maybe someone heard more.

Grandad rock roolz.

A fantastic show, the best rock gig I've been to since The Ex played in Whelan's in December (also a U:Mack promotion. Hmm...), and one of my top shows, of any genre, so far this year.

I can add a bit to the setlist: "Two Lips, Two Lungs and One Tongue", "It's Catching Up", "The End of All Things" and one of my all-time favourite songs *ever*, "Rags and Bones".

The crowd was also brilliant--I was up in the mosh pit for a good chunk of the gig, and there happily were none of those lunkheaded cunts who get off on smashing into people. Instead, everyone just careened happily off one another, smilling giddily all the while.

As for them not coming back, well, I've heard from more than one source (including a few pretty reliable ones) that NMN will be calling it quits pretty soon, as they've been at it for over two decades with little-to-no commercial success. That's too bad--although I've now caught them seven times, some friends I was with had never seen them before and were blown away, so it would be a pity if they'd never get the chance to see them play again.

Still, what a way to go out. Nerdpunk at its best.

Paul

photon said:
As for them not coming back, well, I've heard from more than one source (including a few pretty reliable ones) that NMN will be calling it quits pretty soon, as they've been at it for over two decades with little-to-no commercial success. That's too bad--although I've now caught them seven times, some friends I was with had never seen them before and were blown away, so it would be a pity if they'd never get the chance to see them play again.

i'm pretty sure i heard rob wright mumble something about coming back to play for a tenth time?
i really hope they do, although they deserve a good long rest.

I love the graffiti on their people's choice album :

How fukin old are nomeansno anyway? give it up grandads !
that's great grandad to you fucker !- john wright

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back