NN-XT samples in Reason (1 Viewer)

ernesto

Stank you very much
Supporter
Solutions
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
hello there,
ive got a smple loaded into the nnxt and have a midi keyboard. if i play the root note, it triggers the sample in the original key and speed.
if i play a higher note on the keyboard, it triggers the sample in a different note and a higher speed. how do i get the sample to stay the same length when played higher or lower? i know this is really easy but i can't find it in the manual.
pease help,

thanks,

Aaron

if you've only got one single sampled note then i think you're stuck with it the way it is. To get the full effect you would have to multi sample the original thing... as in sample about 3 or 4 notes from each octave and designate them to the notes on your midi keyboard

yeah, found this out earlier today. gotta change the pitch prior to sampling in nnxt and then designate each different noted sample to different keys.gay.
cheers though

You don't need to re-sample it...as long as there is a sustained section in your sample then the NNXT will repeat that sustained section for as long as you hold your finger on your keyboard. I think you may have to define the sustained section using a few of the knobs on the NNXT below the main NNXT display window...possibly "loop start" and "loop end" define the sustained section and maybe change the other knob from "play mode" to "loop mode" or summit.

And you don't need to change the pitch and load up individual samples...NNXT should change the pitch for you.

I don't have Reason on this PC so I'm just guessing blindly but I know its possible.

is creating sample easy? do you just record a wav file or something then convert it?

or is there a specific file format and procedure needed?

You just record a wav or aiff or whatever.
NN-XT doesnt stretch sample, which is something badly missing and pretty standrad on other samplers such as Kontakt.
You can just stretch the sample in a wav editor.If you stretch it too much it usually sounds crap or un-natural

is creating sample easy? do you just record a wav file or something then convert it?

or is there a specific file format and procedure needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back