Nineteen-Eighty Four anyone???? (1 Viewer)

very disconcerting

what's really bad is that western governments were almost certainly monitoring everything anyway albeit illegally...now after sept 11 we're supposed to think its ok, and pass legislation for it. Mess.

Sounds a bit unlikely though: who or what could go through billions of telephone, internet and email communications exchanged worldwide everyday???
I don't think they're actually going to put under surveillance the whole population, rather they just want to reserve the right to do it legally if they wish so......... wankers.

Originally posted by Alex
Sounds a bit unlikely though: who or what could go through billions of telephone, internet and email communications exchanged worldwide everyday???
I don't think they're actually going to put under surveillance the whole population, rather they just want to reserve the right to do it legally if they wish so......... wankers.

yeah pretty much, but they can use a flag system so that if you do a search on the web for 'how to make a bomb' they can catch you legally, and use it against you in court as valid evidence.

It's already being done. It's called Echelon, and it's been in place for years monitoring fax, voice & email traffic. It's run by the US, the UK, Australia and some other countries, none of whom officially recognise its existence. The EU released a report on it last year. It's all on the modren interweb.

Echelon II is currently under development.

Originally posted by hopper

if you do a search on the web for 'how to make a bomb' they can catch you legally, and use it against you in court as valid evidence.

You can expect the FBI to knock at your door now... :D

Besides, if terrorists had the resources to overcome NYC radars and Pentagon defense systems it's likely they'll work out some ways to elude this surveillance

Originally posted by pete

It's already being done. It's called Echelon, and it's been in place for years monitoring fax, voice & email traffic. It's run by the US, the UK, Australia and some other countries, none of whom officially recognise its existence. The EU released a report on it last year. It's all on the modren interweb.

Echelon II is currently under development.

Yeah I heard of this. They've been probably doing this for ages and now they found with the 11 Sep a good excuse to legitimise it

If it was used just to fight terrorism fair enough but who knows what kind of use they're doing of it? Besides, I wouldn't be surprised to see for instance Mr Nestle' slipping an envelope in somebody's pocket to use the data for their bleeding marketing researches........... and who knows what else!

Stop now, this thread could be under surveillance........ ;)

if terrorists had the resources to overcome NYC radars and Pentagon defense systems

who's saying they needed to overcome defense systems?

[can of worms] opening [\can of worms]:)

Jaysus, this scares me even more...

yeah. look at all the great things american/western govt. can do with impunity now that sept 11th has happened. War, reduction in privacy/civil liberties etc etc. It worked out well for them in the end didn't it?

Originally posted by hopper

yeah. look at all the great things american/western govt. can do with impunity now that sept 11th has happened. War, reduction in privacy/civil liberties etc etc. It worked out well for them in the end didn't it?

i've heard these conspiracy theories aswell hopper,but i have to say i think they're a loada bollix.they're evil,but they're not that evil.

OK, I've got a plan, everytime you want to say bomb we'll use the .|..| symbol or if you want to say "I'm gonna kill George Bush and poo on his corpse" we'll use the !bog symbol.

OK

Simple.

Conspiracy theories?

The pilot episode of The Lone Gunmen (X-Files spinoff series) was shown about 18 months ago in the states but will probably never be shown here.
Byers goes back to his father's home and finds Bert there. Bert slaps him and says he should not have gotten involved. The 12D plan is for a small group of government operatives to crash a jetliner into New York City in order to keep tensions high and increase arms sales. Bert is doing what he can and thinks he knows which flight they have targeted... (they) head for the airport to try to find the explosives in the aircraft. Both board the plane, but cannot find explosives, using hydrocarbon "sniffer" devices.

They realize that the airplane will be remote controlled, just like Bert's car was. Talking by phone to the Gunmen's office, Byers asks Langly and Frohike to hack into the aircraft controls. They do and discover that the plane is programmed to crash into the World Trade Center.

Originally posted by nine

i've heard these conspiracy theories aswell hopper,but i have to say i think they're a loada bollix.they're evil,but they're not that evil.

i knew i shouldn't have started this! :D

all I'll say is, 'they're not that evil' will be the last thing we say before KABLAAAMMMMMMO

Why wouldn't the US or whoever controls them not be THAT evil?
Only 5000 people died, a mere fraction of the 250 million people living there. The WTC only cost 1 billion dollars. How much have the arms industry made back out of this 'WAR AGAINST TERRORISM'? Think of what has been gained by the US and of the sweeping cuts in civil liberty going on over there. YIPEEE!1984 is alive and well.

ok,i think we'll agree to disagree because this could get very complicated.

agreed?
disagreed?

Originally posted by sparse-icus
OK, I've got a plan, everytime you want to say bomb we'll use the .|..| symbol or if you want to say "I'm gonna kill George Bush and poo on his corpse" we'll use the !bog symbol.

OK

Simple.

:D :D :D That's deadly

Hopper, it's true they're taking advantage of this but I can't take that they deliberately killed all that people.

There are some rumors about the pentagon though. Some claim the plane didn't crash into it. Did you see those picture published by a French magazine?

:D :D :D That's deadly

Hopper, it's true they're taking advantage of this but I can't take that they deliberately killed all that people.

There are some rumors about the pentagon though. Some claim the plane didn't crash into it. Did you see those picture published by a French magazine?

yeah i did see that,someone posted it here a couple of months ago,'twas a tad sus.*

*not the pictures now,i meant it genuinely looked sus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back