Nikon lens for sale (1 Viewer)

mr pharmacist!!!!1

probably not a huge amount of photographers here but id prefer to post this here than the buy and sell.

ive a nikon 50mm 1.8 lens for sale as im switching to canon.
the lens is a year old and is in really good condition.
€80

MeleKalikimaka said:
what model and could you stick up a pic? i'd be interested

this one here.

1906_360.jpg

its an amazing lens, bought it last may but only started using it at christmas so its in near immaculate condition.
ive still got the box for it plus ill throw in a lens bag for it.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I've that and all. Deadly lens. How come your switching to canon?

nikon are shit at high iso's and the colour reproduction is very flat.
the amount of noise as well is ridiculous.

anything above iso 800 on the nikon looks terrible noise wise, used a mates canon 20d and even at 3200 the noise is barely noticeable.

conveniently dropped my camera and busted the flash and body so the nice folk in a camera shop here have given me a beautifully tragic letter to give to the insurance company so am making the changeover.

any idea how long the insurance company will take to put the claim through?
im hoping its very fucking fast.

i'm currently looking for a new one as my pervious got scratched bad, post a pic of the actual lens glass and i might up the offer(realisticlly i can get one of the new for 95)

MeleKalikimaka said:
i'm currently looking for a new one as my pervious got scratched bad, post a pic of the actual lens glass and i might up the offer(realisticlly i can get one of the new for 95)

ill post a pic tomorrow.

are you talking about ebay regarding the lens for 95?

yes from ebay , powersellers and ebay shops sell em quite cheap, but tbh its extra hassle, and prices vary alot here si i'm interested, just can't break the bank :)

mr pharmacist said:
nikon are shit at high iso's and the colour reproduction is very flat.
the amount of noise as well is ridiculous.

anything above iso 800 on the nikon looks terrible noise wise, used a mates canon 20d and even at 3200 the noise is barely noticeable.

conveniently dropped my camera and busted the flash and body so the nice folk in a camera shop here have given me a beautifully tragic letter to give to the insurance company so am making the changeover.

any idea how long the insurance company will take to put the claim through?
im hoping its very fucking fast.
You know, that don't sound like such a bad idea - could do with an upgrade myself...

rsj: got myself a 350D a week ago and the canon gear is great. friend of mine bought a 30D with image stabiliser lens, smashin piece of kit! thanks for the advice :)

noise management on the higher end nikons and d50 are incredible, not to be laughed at, tho i know the d70 has issues, nothing bit of noise ninja cant recover

tripoli said:
rsj: got myself a 350D a week ago and the canon gear is great. friend of mine bought a 30D with image stabiliser lens, smashin piece of kit! thanks for the advice :)
Sound yeah. Was looking at the 20d recently, the bump from 1600 to 3200 would be deadly, and the reduced noise is a huge plus. Add on the size of the viewfinder and... I better go home and drop a bag of my equipment....

Dont even think about switchin from Nikon to Canon. Traitor. :D

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Sound yeah. Was looking at the 20d recently, the bump from 1600 to 3200 would be deadly, and the reduced noise is a huge plus. Add on the size of the viewfinder and... I better go home and drop a bag of my equipment....

Shay HT said:
Dont even think about switchin from Nikon to Canon. Traitor. :D

ive played this in my head for months now but its the right thing to do.
ill just have to hand my nikon gang badge back to the tree house.

tripoli said:

the 350d by the way is amazing.
mate of mine uses it as a backup camera and for what you get and the quality of it for the price its at is amazing.

im getting that big telephoto lens next week with the image stabiliser, cant wait. .|..|

MeleKalikimaka said:
noise management on the higher end nikons and d50 are incredible, not to be laughed at, tho i know the d70 has issues, nothing bit of noise ninja cant recover

ive tried out the d200 and to be honest i didnt find the noise levels at high iso's to be all that much better than the d70.

doesnt noise ninja deteriorate the quality of the jpeg or is that some kind of old wives tale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back