NFL 2009-2010 (1 Viewer)

BonsaiSuperstar

Season Starts today!

Well it really started on Thursday with defending champions Pittsburgh beating Tennessee in overtime.

Who are people cheering for this year.
Usually I look out for Pittsburgh and Chicago.

Chicago feel like they have turned into contenders overnight with the acquisition of Jay Cutler at QB.

Brett Favre continues to piss off everyone by signing for Minnesota Vikings

Might head into the Woolshed tonight to watch some of the action!

I lived in New Orleans for a summer so I keep an eye out for The Saints but I don't really follow them with any great knowledge, are they still playing with 3 pretty good RB's? NFL is something that I can sit down and enjoy without caring enough to really follow it intensely.

great atmosphere in there on game day.
it's become my pub of choice for all sports because of the variety of sports and food.

Cool, never even thought of the Woolshed as an option. I've supported the Green Bay Packers for about 13 years now, for sentimental reasons. Just as well as my other half is a cheese head.

Cool, never even thought of the Woolshed as an option. I've supported the Green Bay Packers for about 13 years now, for sentimental reasons. Just as well as my other half is a cheese head.

Drag him/her down. As the man said, great atmosphere in there on Sundays.

Pack/Vikes is Monday night unfortunately.

Drag him/her down. As the man said, great atmosphere in there on Sundays.

Pack/Vikes is Monday night unfortunately.

Yep. Think we are probably going to head in on Sunday to watch some of the other games anyway.

We've got tickets to the game against the Seahawks when we go over to visit his folks in December. Looking forward to it, although I think I may freeze to death.

I met Brandon Marshall's mammy in the airport last week.

so there.

And Micheal Vick back? what the fuck. Whats a scumbucket like him let back for? Next thing you know they'll let Burress back too.

Still 49ers for me, but I've developed a soft spot for the broncos these last few weeks, so maybe I'll be a fickle Irish sportsfan and just change my allegiance. Especially since they won their first 3 games. Back a winner, I always say, so wait a while, see whose good, then support them for the rest of the year. Arizona let me down bad last year.

And Micheal Vick back? what the fuck. Whats a scumbucket like him let back for? Next thing you know they'll let Burress back too.

i'm an eagles fan so i was dissapointed with the move. it's not like the eagles are short of good quarterbacks in mcnabb, garcia and kolb (despite losing the game that was on sky with kolb, he impressed me more so than the last season's baltimore ravens game)

So I am in a pool with 70 other guys, it's a survivor pool. You pick one NFL team each week, and they have to win. You can't pick the same team twice. Your team loses, you're out.

After the Tennesse loss yesterday, it's me and one other guy left.

I am in line for like $1,400 if I beat this other guy.

I have mostly shit left
I have picked
Green Bay
Denver
Indy
Houston
Seattle
New Orleans
Kansas City
Dallas
St Louis
NY Giants
all on days that they won (obv)

I still have NE and SF to pick, but they both have massively difficult games next week.
Thinking of picking Detroit against Pittsburgh. I am going to that game.

thats fair enough. Though, unusually, last sunday in the early games didn't the road teams will in all (bar 1) cases?

its all very unpredictable this year. The Saints will win it overall I reckon.

My rationale for picking NY last Sunday was that they were playing a west coast road team at 1pm EST. It worked out.
I would have to deny all those factors in picking Arizona.

If I win this thing, I'm going somewhere hot with a pool and a bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back