next week at Crawdaddy: Espers, Woods, Cave Singers, Cymbals Eat Guitars, GLS & mo (1 Viewer)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com
Folk and indie rock fans!
Gorge yourselves next week at POD, as some of the most hotly tipped and celebrated folk and indie rock outfits from the U.S. and Canada descend on the city from Wednesday 11th to Saturday 14th November.
Alternative rock and folk fans are spoiled for choice next week, with three unbeatable indie line-ups playing three separate shows at POD’s temple of indie, CRAWDADDY.

The gigs kick off next Wednesday with leaders in lo-fi psych-folk CAVE SINGERS, ESPERS, and WOODS forming a triple headliner as part of this year’s celebrated Shred Yr Face tour.
Friday 13th Nov features Canadian folk rockers GREAT LAKE SWIMMERS, with support from Markland Starkie’s experimentalist SLEEPING STATES.
The week wraps up on Sat 14th November with the incredible New York rockers CYMBALS EAT GUITARS, and support from NORTH ATLANTIC OSCILLATION.
**Cymbals Eat Guitars will go on stage at 10pm after the soccer match**
To be in with a chance to win a pair of passes to one of the gigs, click the competition link below.
WEDNESDAY 11TH NOV
CAVE SINGERS, ESPERS, WOODS
Crawdaddy / €18 / 8pm
The outstanding Shred Yr Face tour 3 brings its annual revolving triple bill of the latest in indie talent to Crawdaddy this November.
One of the most eagerly anticipated package tours going, this year’s Shred Yr Face focuses on the upcoming leaders in lo-fi psych-folk, with the exceptional triple header set to feature Seattle indie-folk trio The Cave Singers; Greg Weeks’ neo-psych-folk outfit Espers, and the superb ghostly minimalists from Brooklyn- Woods. As always fans can follow the bands’ tour activities via Twitter (@shredyrface3), and on the groups’ blogs.
FRIDAY 13TH NOVEMBER
GREAT LAKE SWIMMERS
Support: Sleeping States
Crawdaddy / €13 / 8pm
Canadian folk rockers GREAT LAKE SWIMMERS are to play Crawdaddy this November on their second round of European shows this year.
The ambient quintet, led by singer-songwriter Tony Dekker, follow up on the spring tour of their exquisite fourth album “Lost Channels” with additional dates across Europe this autumn.
Joining GLS in Crawdaddy will be Markland Starkie’s experimental folk ensemble SLEEPING STATES, touring their acclaimed new album “In the Gardens of the North”.
SATURDAY 14TH NOV
CYMBALS EAT GUITARS
Support: North Atlantic Oscillation
Crawdaddy / €12 / 8pm
New York indie rockers CYMBALS EAT GUITARS play their debut Irish show at Crawdaddy this November 14th.
The hotly tipped Staten Island four-piece continue their meteoric rise from 2008 new-comers to recipients this year of Pitchfork’s “Best New Music” accolade. Their critically celebrated debut album “Why There Are Mountains” comes out over here on October 26th.
One of the best indie albums of the year” NME
Remarkably assured” PITCHFORK, Best New Music

Re: next week at Crawdaddy: Espers, Woods, Cave Singers, Cymbals Eat Guitars, GLS & m

Hi Deaglan

I know it may be too early to say but I was wondering what time Cymbal Eat Guitars are playing at on Saturday 14th? I'm going to the match in Croke Park that night, wondering if it would be possible to make it over to see the band too...

Thanks!

Re: next week at Crawdaddy: Espers, Woods, Cave Singers, Cymbals Eat Guitars, GLS & m

who are cymbals eat guitars? Will I be kicking myself I missed this next year when they're playing somewhere huge like..... the village, and we're all
thread next year said:
I preferred their intimate show last year, everyone was too loud at this ,WHY MUST PEOPLE TALK AT GIGS???????2"
?

is it a good idea to buy tickets for the WOODS show?

hell yes, Espers came close to selling out crawdaddy on their own last time so expecting it to sell out.

also, you'd need to get there early as the first act are going to be onstage around 8:30pm. will post the exact running order over the next couple of days.

and yes just to reiterate that Cymbals Eat Guitars on Sat 14th will be onstage at 10pm, that's 15 mins AFTER the Ireland match is due to finish. (we'll be our best to stop people singing 'ole ole ole' during the set.) if they finish as high in end of year albums polls as many people reckon, yes it will be the last time to see them in a venue this small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back