Next TYM meeting Monday 26th January (1 Viewer)

I've had The Slate onto me about money owed from that ad we placed with them. Anyone remember who was on it? Seriously. we have to give them something.

Re: Next TYM meeting Monday 19th January

kevin gallen said:
What time is the meeting at? and where is it at?

Thanks

upstairs in lord edward pub near christchurch/jury's

Right here's my latest idea:

An equipment library
Everyone here does a lot of home recording - we all have PCs and whatever to record on, we all know someone with at least one mic, but none of us have any really good mics, any real good reverbs, compressors, pre-amps, etc. Everyone who wants to be involved contributes say €100, then we go and buy some nice stuff (and insure it) and then we can work out some sort of system where you can book stuff you need for a weekend or whatever and use it.
I propose also that the library NOT be accessible to all - if all the tym regulars end up contributing to something like this we'll have a few grand to play with and there will be some quite valuable mics etc we don't want to be handing out to just anyone. Probably someone who's already been involved would have to know the borrower and vouch for them. If someone wants to borrow from the library they would have to come to thumped or gigs and get to know the people, and that's that
I've got a big list of stuff in my head that I think we should get:
1 Neumann U87 (real high-falutin condensor mic)
2 AKG 414s (good all-round condensors)
2 Sennheiser 421s (good all-round dynamics)
1 AKG d112 (bass drum/bass mic)
(no need for an SM57/58, everyone has one of those)
also
maybe
2 RNCs (great value for money compressors)
1 RNP (good value for money mic pre-amp)
1 really good reverb (an old Lexicon or something)

I've also been thinking about national distribution and about Billy's old idea about creating an umbrella label for the various small labels that are knocking around - praps some of us with an album out/coming out should think about approaching Gael-Linn or someone as a group and trying to get national distro that way seeing as our distribution network idea just hasn't worked. We'd also need to sort out some sort of collective publicity, obviously, or there is no point at all at all. Still an under-formed idea, I might have some more substance by this evening

We also need to decide is we are discontinuing the listings once and for all, so's I can modify the website if we are

the equipment library sounds good in theory but you'd have difficulty getting money outta folks i'd say and then there'd be the whole thing over who takes care of the equipment when no-one is using it and what happens when something gets busted etc. badness usually.

the umbrella label distro thing is interesting and we've talked about it a fair amount before. yeah, it'd be good if we could get it organised properly.

i think we should remove the listings from the site and just send out a fortnightly or monthly email highlighting various news and some selected gigs.

Should be there for 7.30

Umbrella thing... check out http://www.posteverything.com. Although issues around who's on it... etc. etc.

I'll do the listings and send them out every fortnight or something like that. I've done something similar with the Ballroom mail-outs and I'd like to continue on from that.

The equipment library sounds cool... lots of other collectives have done something similar. However there is the simple issue of where to store stuff. Maybe it could be something as simple as people declaring that they'll lend their stuff out when it's needed.

I'm also still big on the idea of having some kind of register or list of who's actually in Things You're Missing.

And I'm learning PhP for the job, so I may be able to help out with the site by this Summer.

billygannon said:
I'll do the listings and send them out every fortnight or something like that. I've done something similar with the Ballroom mail-outs and I'd like to continue on from that.
That's cool, Billy, I'll forward you the tym mailing list if you like, just tell me where to forward it to

conor said:
the equipment library sounds good in theory but ...
I'm happy to take responsibility for the whole thing if people are interested. I'll store the equipment (while I'm still living in Dublin anyway) and arrange insurance (hopefully I'll be able to find insurance that'll cover accidental damage), take bookings for the equipment, buy it, etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back