Newish brit band wanting to get a gig - Help - not a plug (1 Viewer)

thickaspigshit

Website
Visit site
Alreet,

I know a band who are trying to get a tour together and want to play Dublin. Basically they need contact info for venues which would accomodate. Such as Whelans, TBMC, Hub sized venues. Their singer played here in another band about 3 years ago and due to lack of advertising it was a pretty poor turnout., also it was a miserable October in Dublin.

Anyway, I need to pass on advice of someone that can help or puts on gigs of a similar rockin nature. The previous band had promise, album had a 10 rating in NME and 4 or 5* in kerrang but due to the climate at the time didnt last. They are getting some good write ups in the press in UK, Kerrang did a feature on them as 'hot bands yo have to hear' (I know its cheesy). Their sound is quoted as a punk blues band who are equal parts Led Zep, ATDI and a bit of JSBX.

Anyway, all I need is a few pointers as to get them over here. As i said its not a direct plug (no name mentioned), just want to help a band with a fuckin good pedigree (R.I.P... GD) get a gig in my new hometown and this is the first place I would look cos u all know the scene.

Any sincere help would be mucho appreciated...

Aw come on, someone must know who to contact. I only need names at venues or suggestions.

I wouldnt ask anywhere else but here cos you ppl are all knowledgable about the bands getting gigs scene and im just a lover of good bands/gigs.

Cha'mon

I have no association with the band AT ALL which is why I dont want to put their name as if to slyly plug them which a lot of anonymous 1st time post-ers do here.

I am merely trying to oil the wheels which may help get a band with a lot of promise which in the right place people might actually like, not everyones cup of tea prolly but theres no harm in trying to give em some overseas aid.

Dont want to be mysterious but dont want to seem as if blatantly plugging.

Sorry Wools, still gettin used to the new layout of thumped, thought we got email alerts of PM's.
Cheers for the responses anywho, will be pass on to those concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back