Newbie (1 Viewer)

killy kill

(Retired)
Alright this has probably been covered many a time but would anyone here be able to give me guidelines on how to start recording my own band at home.I'm starting completely from scratch,with no first hand knowledge or gear

Right!

1: Buy/borrow/steal the following - a four-track tape recorder, a couple of mics, some tapes.

2: Experiment with these on your own till you feel vaguely confident with it, then experiment with recording the band. If you can understand 4-track then computer recording will be a small step up.

[If you're already pretty handy with a computer then buy/borrow/steal a soundcard with a few mic inputs and some mics and continue from step-2.]

This really is the best way, if that sounds like too much work then you could find someone who knows about this and get them to show you; but unless you're paying them they'll only be able to help you so much and you still won't know as much as if you'd made the mistakes and figured out the answers yourself. Use places like this and people like that to go to for help when you're totally stumped.

You could also get a book on home recording, there's plenty out there and they're probably mostly correct..

Good luck with that ted.

I'd go along with Igor.
Do it in your room for a while with a 4-track. Ask everyone you know that records or has recorded for advice or help.
There's soooo much stuff out there on the internet. I can think of a bunch of forums off the top of my head where you can learn more than you'll ever need to know. Don't go asking loads of basic questions, though.. stick to the FAQs and the search function for a while.

Here's a starter...

www.homerecording.com/bbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back