New Year's Resolutions (1 Viewer)

Play more music. I've already started on that.
And buy a new guitar. I've my eye on a really nice cheap Gretsch guitar in Waltons. I keep walking in every couple of weeks saying "It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine" I'm actually planning on doing it again today at lunch time.
I'm going to try and set up some sort of lunch time running thing in work. Soon. I found walking in tough enough this morning after a few weeks of eating Merry Mallows and drinking Baileys.

I actually stuck with my resolutions. Go me!

I would just like to play more music,not too fussed if it's in a practice room or gigs,just want to play more music with other people.

Not that I tried too hard,and not that it's an actual new years resolution,but not much happened with this so far. Maybe I'll have a flurry of activity in the last few months.

4k Ultra HD

Last year was cycle more, buy records regularly. I did both of those.

This year is very practice based - Start playing / making music again, lots of woodwork projects to finish, learn to use a sewing machine, drive less and do a little more writing.

Playing a gig this week and been playing a fair bit since i started the studio/library project and setup a little guitar space. Loads of woodwork done. Sewing space isn't setup but I've learned to use the machine. A lot less driving done. Wrote a fair bit of music though nothing really finished.

also, less phone time. nonsense pottery.

when the kids go to bed it's either a bit of telly with the wife or guitar/book.

Today is my last day of smoking. Other than that, basically just look after my physical and mental health by challenging myself, saying yes more, saying no more, making creative shit and hanging with my friends. Oh, most importantly, fuck negativity and other peoples negativity. Etc. :D

Well, I'm still off the smokes :)

For this year, my main resolution is to not be a dick to myself and to enjoy the year, get married and enjoy it instead of stressing out.

Oh and in loftier ambitions ,to change jobs.

Other than that I just wanna drink less than I did at the end of last year, eat more vegetables, read more, and work on something outside work that challenges me.

For 2020:
- Walk more
- Be less angry
- Buy less books and try to clear out a sizeable chunk of the To Read pile (I bought 3 books on New Year's Day so not off to a great start on that one!)
- Publish more science (aiming for 5 papers which is... ambitious)
- Finish my article on neuroscience and modern composition
- Get back into photography

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back