New U2 Allbum (2 Viewers)

i think they're fucking incredible.
i fucking think they fucking rule the fucking world. their fucking harmonies are fucking awesome and i fucking love everyfuckingthing about bono and larry and the fucking edge and the other fucking guy.
fair fucks to ufucking2.
i think they're fucking incredible and fuck me i can't fucking wait til they all move into fucking politics and fucking bono is the fucking president.

cassette/tape said:
i fucking think they fucking rule the fucking world. their fucking harmonies are fucking awesome and i fucking love everyfuckingthing about bono and larry and the fucking edge and the other fucking guy.
fair fucks to ufucking2.
i think they're fucking incredible and fuck me i can't fucking wait til they all move into fucking politics and fucking bono is the fucking president.
ha ha... "now playing: rapeman", too, genius.

cassette/tape said:
fair fucks to ufucking2.

but this is it isn't it... people who wouldn't buy an album all year, bar maybe Ministy of Sound's Chill Out Vol 2 or an auld Luke Kelly collection for 2 quid... they buy the U2 album and go RABID for it... like they start staring you down in pubs and telling you, really passionatly, that it's the most important album ever, and going home and playing it realy loudly with their rugby club buds and all hug and sing 'it's a beatiful day' like tone deaf camp chorus boys... and it's like hysteria, utter utter hysteria... and never at any point does any ever question that it's not good, or not a rip off of MBV or BB King or Coldplay or The Verve or whoever they're copping thier riffs from this year... it's mad... totally mad.

Sorry just had to get that off my chest...

Pantone247 said:
but this is it isn't it... people who wouldn't buy an album all year, bar maybe Ministy of Sound's Chill Out Vol 2 or an auld Luke Kelly collection for 2 quid... they buy the U2 album and go RABID for it... like they start staring you down in pubs and telling you, really passionatly, that it's the most important album ever, and going home and playing it realy loudly with their rugby club buds and all hug and sing 'it's a beatiful day' like tone deaf camp chorus boys... and it's like hysteria, utter utter hysteria... and never at any point does any ever question that it's not good, or not a rip off of MBV or BB King or Coldplay or The Verve or whoever they're copping thier riffs from this year... it's mad... totally mad.

Sorry just had to get that off my chest...

could not frigging agree more. You can't even MENTION u2 in ireland without getting all that palaver that pantone just talked about. try to criticise them and u are looked at as if you have just walked into a dublin pub wearing a glasgow rangers jersey.

theyre supposed to be playing down the road in croke park next summer - now the crowd hassle and madness at that will be way, way worse than any amount of soccer games or mixed up Oz-Gah football or what have u but there wont be a peep out of anyone because it's frigging U2. u can bet people would complain if it was the dudley corporation, though.

a new U2 album - christmas must be around the corner. <looks at calender> yep, it is.

Theyre not awful. although they should have packed it in many years ago. right when Bono decided it'd be novel to be a sell out.

I like 'where the streets have no name'.

Pilchard said:
try to criticise them and u are looked at as if you have just walked into a dublin pub wearing a glasgow rangers jersey.
This doesn't just happen to me then...
Someone: What do you think of U2's new song?
Me: Not a lot.
Someone (getting touchy): When did you stop liking U2?
Me: Uh? I never liked U2...
Someone (outraged): Oh REALLY? Are they not OBSCURE enough for you?

Zita said:
Me: Uh? I never liked U2...
Someone (outraged): Oh REALLY? Are they not OBSCURE enough for you?

how about "no".

I remember some guy in my class in school insisting that the edge was the number 1 guitarist in the world. bless him and his oversized head.

One of the fellers here in work was playing bits off the album, one song was pretty good - sounded very like a track off Amnesiac, but if any of you feckers put out a song as good as it I'd be damn impressed. Other songs were pretty shite though, and yes that single is almost identical to Elevation

I've gotta say though I saw em in Slane when they played last time and they were very fucking good. I felt like I was at a real gig rather than standing in an enormous field in Meath

p.s. the guy who tuned my piano on Friday was going from my house to U2's studio to tune theirs - weird wha? Needless to say I gave him loads of Stoat demos and said "Be sure and give these to the lads now" ;)

avernus said:
how about "no".

I remember some guy in my class in school insisting that the edge was the number 1 guitarist in the world. bless him and his oversized head.
People that like 'alternative music' like U2, Coldplay, whatever, get irate when I treat such MOR music with, well, bored indifference; nothing animated or venomous, just "No, I don't really like that music." I'm then accused of only listening to obscure music... Like I'm purposely denying my true passion for bland guitar-based mulch just to be different...

yeah, lots of people get extremely pissed off at folks who like bands theyve never heard of. as though youre saying "yeah? you aint no music fan!"

although..theres the other side of the coin - where someone gets irritated with you for not knowing a certain band. like honestly...wheres the beef?

I think coldplay are good. hehe

avernus said:
yeah, lots of people get extremely pissed off at folks who like bands theyve never heard of. as though youre saying "yeah? you aint no music fan!"

although..theres the other side of the coin - where someone gets irritated with you for not knowing a certain band. like honestly...wheres the beef?

I think coldplay are good. hehe
Music snobbery man... Glad there's none of that on Thumped, pff.

i like bruce spingsteen. he's got soul. so i can understand why a vast cross section of americans like him too, even cool alternative types. but, to my extreme horror, i had a conversation about u2 with one of these 'cool indie' types this summer ... and he started defending them like you'd expect him to defend the boss if someone started taking the piss out of him. my pet peeve (sp?) with u2 is adam clayton. i admire him too in a way... ever look at him playing a statdium show? he has this massive grin, almost acknowledging the fact that he's the luckiest man in the world to be in the position he's in. "hee hee, look at me and i can't even play the bass that well... it's really funny, isn't it?" i like him for that.
but, when i said that to this dude, he started saying stuff like "i think he does what's required of him in the situation... all in all, they're a great band... the joshua tree is a great album."
the joshua tree is a really good record but for the love of christ, how can anyone defend adam clayton? he was seriously trying to tell me clayton is a good bass player - or, at least, did what was required of him. grrrrr. don't get me going on mullen or the other two clowns...

as for putting on a "good show" ............. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

May2003-angry-lion.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back