new sunn o)) (1 Viewer)

paul-

Got this yesterday and its only fucking amazing.
Loads of different sounds going on with it,held my attention alot more than previous albums.
killer artwork too.definetly in my top 10 of '05.

Where'd you get it Paul?

Has it been offically released in shops yet? I have to buy it quick to get that second cd.

I think you only get the second cd when ordering it off southern lord,i dident have the patience so im just going to look for it on soulseek.Its available in shops now anyway,but with just one disc obviously.

Dont think its samey at all.Guitars on track two are straight up black metal,ive never heard them play anything like that before(havent heard everything theyve released though).And the first few minutes of the last track are just amazing...really ambient sort of noise brilliantly done before some seriously crushing shit.
Im really impressed by it anyway.

I ordered the double version yesterday,I've been told Road has the regular version. I'll probably attempt to get the vinyl when it's out as well. But it can't possibly be as good as the new Earth record.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I ordered the double version yesterday,I've been told Road has the regular version. I'll probably attempt to get the vinyl when it's out as well. But it can't possibly be as good as the new Earth record.
The new Earth record isnt that good. It has its moments but meh its not amazing really. There are some really really good songs though but then theres a few really boring parts. Track 2 and 3 are annoying as hell after about 2 minutes. the 7th track is sooooooo good!

Ciaran Mackle said:
The new Earth record isnt that good. It has its moments but meh its not amazing really. There are some really really good songs though but then theres a few really boring parts. Track 2 and 3 are annoying as hell after about 2 minutes. the 7th track is sooooooo good!

My first impressions are that it could be the best Earth record yet,it has the same feel as a lot of the stuff they played when I saw them a few years ago. It's also really like the Neil Young Deadman soundtrack.
Earth>Sunn O)))

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
My first impressions are that it could be the best Earth record yet,it has the same feel as a lot of the stuff they played when I saw them a few years ago. It's also really like the Neil Young Deadman soundtrack.
Earth>Sunn O)))

Earth 2 will always be the best I think in my opinion. I'd say the new one beats Pentastar by far though.

When did you see them? Did they play here? They're apparently playing here next year with Sunn!

Saw them a few years ago in Bristol,KK Null was supposed to play as well but didn't get into the country. Pentastar has some of my favourite Earth stuff on it but it's probably as easy as an Earth record gets to listen to. Hex is insanely good though,it'll easily be one of my top records of the year.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Saw them a few years ago in Bristol,KK Null was supposed to play as well but didn't get into the country. Pentastar has some of my favourite Earth stuff on it but it's probably as easy as an Earth record gets to listen to. Hex is insanely good though,it'll easily be one of my top records of the year.

Pentastar has some really shit stuff though I think. The last track is really good but is kinda ruined by the guitar solo at the end. So cheesy!

Whats Thrones and Dominions like? Only Earth record I need to pick up still.

The remix album is soooooo good I think.

yeah the new sunn is insanely sick
way more metal than art
the vokill contributions are unreal and bring it to the next level times a million

Ciaran Mackle said:
Pentastar has some really shit stuff though I think. The last track is really good but is kinda ruined by the guitar solo at the end. So cheesy!

Whats Thrones and Dominions like? Only Earth record I need to pick up still.

The remix album is soooooo good I think.
Remix,fuck that,I only bought it not realising it was remixes.
The guitar solo is the best bit. Nothing remotely cheesy about it.

In fact the whole record seems to be a build up to it.

For those interested

SOMA said:
SUNN O)))s M&D opus is birthed. sunn100. You can now order the album via Southern Lord on CD format (vinyl release TBO, probably late summer). Also available are some tshirts & hoodies featuring qlipothic art via Timo Ketola (also present on the CD layout), all art directed by yours truly. Please note that all CD & vinyl versions of the album contain the same tracklist & mixes, there are no bonus audio materials for this album. The SLR jewelcase CD version is a great package and tactile experience with vellum stocks & ocard. Japanese edition, again by Daymare, is beautifully and elaborately packaged in a mini-gatefold LP package with oversized vellum obi, 4 "art cards" and a poster. The bonus material on the Japanese version this time is "bonus artwork".

We are preparing tours as a 4 and 5 piece in support of this opus. Attila Csihar and Steve Moore will be in the ranks as well as a yet undecided 5th member for some shows. Randall Dunn will be on the big guns.

SUNN O))) "Monoliths & Dimensions" tours 2009

Midwest USA July 2-12
West coast USA August 5-11
East coast/Southeast USA September 18-30
Middle & East Europe/Scandinavia October 17 - Nov 1st

There should also be UK and Japan jaunts following those pieces. We are working on it, more to come.

We are also considering and contemplating a few special event concerts with an expanded acoustic ensemble lineup. This is a whole different ballgame but may be in the cards and we have a few loyal partners in Europe on board to help manifest if/when the time is correct.

We're proud of the huge accomplishments and results of this intensively ambitious, challenging and difficult album. I think that all we have done with our music to date has led up to this piece of work, its a great evocation of the spirit and essence of what SUNN O))) is/was/shall be over the years. The living music. And its really a gift to the real deep listeners. Enjoy.

Thanks in advance for the interest and support! To old & new fans, diehards and curious newcomers alike! Old and new collaborators, this album is for all of you!

Gratitude,
Stephen O'Malley & SUNN O)))

sunn100clrweb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back