New Sparklehorse (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
About time too :)

Looking forward to this. They/ he kind of used to be my favourite band..

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/37334/Sparklehorse_Reveal_LP_Details

http://www.thumped.com/bbs/Sparklehorse Reveal LP Details
19218.x-news-sparklehorse.gif

Sometimes you make promises you just can't keep, and other times you're able to make good on your word and then some. Count Mark Linkous in the latter camp for now, because the new Sparklehorse album is actually being released this year, just like we said it would be.
We previously reported that Christian Fennesz, Danger Mouse, Tom Waits, Flaming Lip Steven Drozd, and producer extraordinaire Dave Fridmann contributed to the album, but now we can also tell you it's due September 25, presumably on Capitol, and that it's called Dreamt for Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain.
There are rumors of a UK tour planned for the fall, but for now the only other detail we can offer is the tracklist.
Dreamt for Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain:

01 Don't Take My Sunshine Away
02 Getting It Wrong
03 Shade and Honey
04 See the Light
05 Return to Me
06 Some Sweet Day
07 Ghost in the Sky
08 Mountains
09 Morning Hollow
10 Knives of Summertime
11 It's Not So Hard
12 Dreamt for Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain (aka Maxine)

First few tunes are class alright. Don't like the PJ Harvey/ Cardigans wan tunes for some reason.

Vivadixie etc is still my favourite. That gig they played in Whelans just before Good morning spider was fantastic. One of my fav gigs ever

Unclealo said:
First few tunes are class alright. Don't like the PJ Harvey/ Cardigans wan tunes for some reason.

Vivadixie etc is still my favourite. That gig they played in Whelans just before Good morning spider was fantastic. One of my fav gigs ever

Yeah, Viva Dixie rocks!

I only saw him once, in the Olympia a few years ago.
Really good, but shortest gig EVER!
All seated too, which was bizarre....

Jimcorr said:
I only saw him once, in the Olympia a few years ago.
Really good, but shortest gig EVER!
All seated too, which was bizarre....

That was a wierd gig. The gig totally undersold so they gave out free tickets to all and sundry (I think). The sound of talking was deafening and it visibly pissed off the band, hence the short set

so, someone said they were going to play whelans late september / early october... but i've forgotten who that someone was... and i've forgotten where they said it...

...could be in this thread for all i know

About time too :)

Looking forward to this. They/ he kind of used to be my favourite band..

Sometimes you make promises you just can't keep, and other times you're able to make good on your word and then some. Count Mark Linkous in the latter camp for now, because the new Sparklehorse album is actually being released this year, just like we said it would be.
We previously reported that Christian Fennesz, Danger Mouse, Tom Waits, Flaming Lip Steven Drozd, and producer extraordinaire Dave Fridmann contributed to the album, but now we can also tell you it's due September 25, presumably on Capitol, and that it's called Dreamt for Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain.

Mark Linkous actually requested that Crayonsmith support him on the 4 Irish dates.

Weird but cool!

must get my 2 cents in before this thread gets locked.

Yeah, great show. Great atmosphere. He was really up for it, and what a totally nice guy he seems. He seemed genuinely touched by the warmth of the reception he got.

Didn't get in in time for Mr.Smith. Heard he was good though. One of these days I'll get to see him in action.

must get my 2 cents in before this thread gets locked.

Yeah, great show. Great atmosphere. He was really up for it, and what a totally nice guy he seems. He seemed genuinely touched by the warmth of the reception he got.

Didn't get in in time for Mr.Smith. Heard he was good though. One of these days I'll get to see him in action.

Mr Smith was great too. Would have been good to see him with his band.

The bass player/ female singer with Sparklehorse looked really familiar. She also seemed bemused and amused at the reception...

I spend sat night at Sparklehorse Karaoke!!

Good show but would have been nice if the crowd refrained from singing
throughout the show on saturday...

still can't listen to the third album. the animal mentions stick out a mile and it gets really annoying. Is he still at that shit?

I totally agree, I love the first two records, but it became very Spaklehorse by numbers after a while... whirry mellotron, check, distorted vocals, check, cute drum machine beat, check, mention of bellys, skulls, horses, the sun, spirit, machinery of some sort... etc, etc, etc

Had a brief listen to the new record last week, didn't blow me away or anything, nothing really stuck with me

Still, first two records are amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back