new PRSI hike - 'health levy' (1 Viewer)

sealed human

Whats going on with this 'health levy' increase that effectively increases your PRSI by 25-30%?? I got a payslip yesterday and the 2% pay levy is now in effect, along with a huge relative hike in PRSI. Basically thats over €1000 per annum (for me anyway) thats disappeared from my net pay since this whole mess started.

WTF?? I know the employed were expecting to take a tax hit in these times but come on! Anyone understand the structuring/reasoning behind this PRSI levy, and maybe a way to become exempt from it?? :p

Whats going on with this 'health levy' increase that effectively increases your PRSI by 25-30%?? I got a payslip yesterday and the 2% pay levy is now in effect, along with a huge relative hike in PRSI. Basically thats over €1000 per annum (for me anyway) thats disappeared from my net pay since this whole mess started.

WTF?? I know the employed were expecting to take a tax hit in these times but come on! Anyone understand the structuring/reasoning behind this PRSI levy, and maybe a way to become exempt from it?? :p

to pay for all the unemployed?

If you qualify for a Medical Card, you won't have to pay the Health Levy. But the Income Levy is different. Everyone pays that. It's a sneaky way of taxing people who are below the tax thresholds. Fianna Fáil? Sneaky? You don't say.

It's truly depressing if you go back and compare your current take home pay with what you were getting last november / december.

It's truly depressing if you go back and compare your current take home pay with what you were getting last november / december.

my deductions for the last 2 weeks came to 1143.06.

relative to my salary this is a lot. boo!

To compound my misery, the idiot on payroll has been paying me the wrong salary since January, so i've to pay back around 700 euro. :mad:

Couldn't believe the difference when I checked my payslip. I'm down a hell of a lot on an already shit salary...and we've had to take a pay cut within our job too!fuuuuccccccckkkkkkkk.

And the health levy has to be paid also, but in a different and totally separate way by anyone with a health insurance policy so thats more money gone from my creaking coffers, yayy!

Basically because I'm earning enough for the govt NOT to have to pay my medical bills, me taking provisions to insure against these costs has to be taxed by them, in addition to the levy I pay each week...

Bravo...:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back