New music show on RTE 2 - Tues 12th May (2 Viewers)

Bit harsh all round folks. The show is half watchable and the bands (apart from the RSAG dude) lack that indefinable extra percentage of talent and chutzpah to make them worthy of proper attention. Same as it's always been.
The bigger issue is the usual issue of publishing rights being nicked off skint bands and the usual interminable effort to build an 'industry' on the back of such meagre product. The same contest format is always employed, why doesn't the winner just get something really tangible like a few grand's worth of decent gear, a two year lease on a proper rehersal space, a decent opening slot on a european tour or lease of a splitter bus for a year etc?

Wasn't great to be honest.Getting to be boring now.Pity.

Have to say the Infomatics album is very good if you don't focus on the rapping(Dublin accents) and listen to the music.

I think it's a good show & well worth watching. It's true non of the acts so far have been staggeringly amazing, but they are up and coming, a work in progress and all that. I'm making an effort to vote, just to support the thing....what else similar is on for bands?

Based purely on the song at the end of each show, I've voted:

Sweet Jane

Dirty Epics

The Infomatics

dirty epics are simply a truly awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful fucking band
:eek:
leigh

give 'em hell, leigh

I AM NOT A MUSICAL HACK!!

angry-hobo.jpg

dirty epics are simply a truly awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful fucking band
:eek:
leigh

I'm not a fan either but the song they came up was better than the sickboy song.....I though e'nannyways

where are my peas Linda?

LLLLLIIIIINNNNDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAA

peaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeaspeasLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLindaLinda

I'm glad there's a show giving bands a bit of exposure.... but jesus christ musicians talk no end of total arse. They are so fucking inarticulate and quick to use shit clichés!

''electro, drum and bass, hip hop, rap. it's music that makes you wanna move. urban music has a story in it, it's there between the beats, it's a story of struggle, it's a story of triumph, it's a story about going for what you want, with everything you've got''

the presenter's a musician yeah?

I'm glad there's a show giving bands a bit of exposure.... but jesus christ musicians talk no end of total arse. They are so fucking inarticulate and quick to use shit clichés!

what the hell are you talking about? that is not true at all

anyway, at the end of the day, watching this show is like an addiction, you get one hit and you just keep coming back for more and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back