NEW MUMBLIN DEAF RO MP3s/ALBUM DETAILS (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 177
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 5
oh, hi moose.
listen cian, baby, im not gonna make this, another opportunity wasted.
will you be at the launch for the remastered version of the album next month?

I won't be there either. I was hoping to be at the instore but the weather was too nice to hang around the city. You were at there weren't you?

won't make this gig, but did pick up a copy of the album this morning. Will give you my verdict soon!! (from what I've heard on myspace its bound to be positive, and my reviews are more road records than foggy notions)

Cant believe this was the first time I've seen Medea doing their own stuff. They were good too. Total mid-90s indie girl rock but I kind of like that shit. When they finished, the wan and I were saying how much better they'd be if they played a shitload of gigs and lost their arkwardness onstage. Then Ro goes and announces it's their last gig. booo.

MDR was/were great. Excellent solo and excellent with the band. Highlights for me were the full band version of They Get Paid To Know and the encore. Amazing stuff. All superb musicians too. Nice to see Rapple back onstage. They only negative thing I can say is (here we go, controversial statement) Brian's antics behind the drums. He looks like he's taking the piss out of Ro and his songs. I realise he's probably NOT doing that but I still found it very distracting.

El Salvador should be on heavy rotation on phantom.

"They only negative thing I can say is (here we go, controversial statement) Brian's antics behind the drums. He looks like he's taking the piss out of Ro and his songs. I realise he's probably NOT doing that but I still found it very distracting."

Sorry about that Anthony, its the way i play drums. i don't like having a blank expression on stage, i would have to stifle a certain part of me which would lead to a very restrained and over careful performance. i am not a session drummer, and didn't have a decree from Ro to inhibit what i do. I was temperate enough as it was, as usually the playing would be a lot louder, and heavier.

The funny faces mean that I am having an absolute ball, like i was last Saturday, playing with some of the finest musicians i know, and playing some of my favourite music. (especially those little hi-hat flourishes in restring the bow, i love them!) The antics are an essential part of my enjoyment of a gig, and I do enjoy playing hence the almost impossible number of bands i play in. Well, about 6 or so. that's not too bad.

Anyway, to close: the faces. I can't help it, I'm having a good time, as were the rest of the band, surely that's a good thing. there is no taking the piss-ery or anything like that. Its just <puke> good vibes </puke>

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back