New MF Doom (1 Viewer)

Gave this a wide berth, despite loving some of his albums. Word on the boards.ie hip-hop forum is that it was shite.

I felt completely fleeced to be honest. Spoke to a member of staff at the Button Factory and apparently he wasn't going to go onstage at one point. The madvillain stuff was grand but it never really got going. Then after 45 minutes he pissed off into the night with his pockets bulging with our cash.

I also thought it was a real cheek having Bulmers advertising constantly being pushed down our throats at a show I had to pay 33 euro into.

If I hadn't paid 30 for it it could have been kinda funny. Or at least the obviousness and pointlessness of the dj to be on the stage at all, his grin said it all too. And the laptop turned to the audience. And the reaction to the requests "what's up next lemme check". All in all very post modern, great job

I went in with low expectations too, all the bullshit meant they weren't really met.

Also with regards to the visuals, they did a line check with a laptop earlier in the day at soundcheck. They then turned up late with another, unchecked, laptop for the visuals that didn't work.

i thought he was great in spite of all the shambles surrounding it. if he'd come on at 9.30 instead of 11, had the visuals working and played maybe just 10 mins more, it would've been amazing. as it stands, i'm glad i went but wouldn't be in a rush to shell out 30 quid for the privilege again. the dj was pretty hilarious. also, turning the laptop around to the crowd to substitute for the visuals!! haha, jesus! disappointing to hear that they turned up at the last minute with an unchecked laptop.

again though, i thought the 45 mins that he played was stellar and saved the night for me.

I also thought it was a real cheek having Bulmers advertising constantly being pushed down our throats at a show I had to pay 33 euro into.
yeah, me too

Were Melodica Deathship any good? Was thinking of heading to it tonight in Brighton but by the sounds of it might not be worth the (considerable) fee

I really wanted to go to this, but i couldn't afford. Luckily tho i won a couple of tickets to it off thumped.

Thought melodica deathship were alright.

Doom is one of my favourite rappers, and indeed hip hop producers, but last night was a complete piss take. If i had paid the 30 quid into it i would have been majorly pissed off. I think it's absolutely horrific that he thought that was a good enough performance to people that paid a lot of money in. And bulmers can fuck off.. Absolutely apocalyptic shit with their advertising. Horrible horrible horrible stuff.......
He's still class tho :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back