New MF Doom (1 Viewer)

It's about time those samples from the Dilla album were put to rest though, been raped to death.

I like it, but I still can't get past 'Batty Boyz'. Now I know homophobia is hardly a rarity in hip hop, but it seems like a really strange one from such an intelligent man. Out of nowhere too, can't remember anything like it any of his other releases under various guises.

I like it, but I still can't get past 'Batty Boyz'. Now I know homophobia is hardly a rarity in hip hop, but it seems like a really strange one from such an intelligent man. Out of nowhere too, can't remember anything like it any of his other releases under various guises.

Just listened to that again. You sure it's a direct attack on gays? My reading is it's a pisstake of cross-dressers etc but i may be wrong.

Just listened to that again. You sure it's a direct attack on gays? My reading is it's a pisstake of cross-dressers etc but i may be wrong.

are you serious? i don't think he's drawing any kind of "oh not all
cross dressers and drag queens are gay y'kno!!! i watch top model
too, it's cool!!!" conclusion here...

i though the album was good then i hit that song and bleurghg - too
weird/dumb/stupid - or not weirder/dumb/stupid enough....i can't
remember which, probably the later

anyway, i'm off to listen to the Meatshits and the Texas Nazis

I know everyone's supposed to be politically correct these days. And I know we're not allowed to laugh at anything that could be interpreted as being homophobic in any name, shape or form. But the first time I heard that line "Amazed at all the so called wannabe players, Showing off their titballs to all the free gayers, its like a leotard fest, how it got started is any retards guess" I bent over double laughing.
Homophobia is wrong. But the same can be said about violence, drug dealing and misogyny but like it or not those topics are the bedrock of half the records in my hip hop collection.

And on a side note my favorite track off the album in Yessir! Raekwon sounds so good over that ESG loop.

i thought the whole track is just slaggin off all the spandex wearing superheros poeple. its just callin superman/batman/robin fags for wearing gay clothes

the things some people will do for fame
its a herb, its a lame, its a god damn shame

Here lads it's not really about the content, I've more than enough records in my collection that say far far worse. All I'm saying is as a track it's a bit stupid, and really sticks out. The samples at the start in particular are just really lame.

ah no! I was about to post a bragging MF DOOM IS PLAYING IN BRIGHTON HAHAHAHHA post. fuckit.

I guess I just approach all hip hop with trepidation - you get even worse with his Viktor Vaughn stuff not just "routine" misogyny but down right murderous nastiness - total misanthropy even - like the whole human race has failed to make the grade
(there's an attractiveness to this perspective to for a curmudgeon like me self!)
- I think some of it has to be allowed as playing a character not that that excuses it
...There's something dirty, loserish, desperate, alcoholic, moldy, sticky and almost low rent about Doom that is part of his unique charm.
I notice he also tailors it a bit for what sort of guest company he has in...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

kp

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back