New Final Fantasy EP (1 Viewer)

coast to coast

Final Fantasy's new EP Spectrum, 14th Century has leaked cos he was selling it at gigs in Toronto. A concept record about a fictional land called Spectrum where Final Fantasy is the only God. Or something. Anyway, its pretty damn smart. I feel an need to tell the world that the track The Butcher is completely fucking fantastic. Its so so so damn beautiful. Rest of its pretty good also, it should be mentioned.

It's really good. He's pulled back on the strings a lot, violin no longer the lead instrument. Loads of percussion and horns (the guys from Beirut actually, it was recorded when Pallett was doing arrangments for their last album).

It's not offically out till the end of September, they were just selling them at the merchandise table when he gigged last week.

There's another EP due out at the end of October too and finally new album Heartland due out early next year.

That butcher song coast to coast mentioned as well as another from the second EP are up on Stereogum

http://stereogum.com/archives/mp3/new-final-fantasy-ultimatum-the-butcher_017131.html#more

Any idea when it will be on sale generally?

Its going on sale from Blocks Recording Club on September 30th - I have a feeling it might be limited edition. CD and Vinyl.

I'm not in Toronto unfortunately, just sniffed out the leak and then noticed he started a short tour on the same day!

A second EP called Plays to Please which is made up of "big band" style cover versions of songs by a Toronto musician whose name is difficult to spell is coming out in October or November - I think the guy's name is Alex Lukachevsky or something like that. There was a free mp3 on Stereogum called Horsetail Feathers - its delicious.

New LP Heartland is coming out in January!!! Hurrah!!!

Free single here too, Lewis Takes Action

And some live videos on Pitchfork too

I'm just a little one man street team here. I'm tagging this as "2010's best record!!" in the style of some moronic Hot Press sub-editor.

New LP Heartland is coming out in January!!! Hurrah!!!

Free single here too, Lewis Takes Action

And some live videos on Pitchfork too

I'm just a little one man street team here. I'm tagging this as "2010's best record!!" in the style of some moronic Hot Press sub-editor.

That single is great.

Owen is obviously fucking brilliant solo but at this point I think I'd nearly like to see him bring an ensemble with him on tour in the style of the Ys Street band to fully realise the songs live.

he's been playing as part of the mountain goats on their u.s. tour lately;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

think he had his own band in tow too.

Heartland seemingly went on sale on US iTunes last night by accident. I think they might have taken it down now but it's out there on the web now.

Oh, and because he's now signed to Domino and they're going to be putting the album out in Japan he's retired the Final Fantasy name and in future will be releasing stuff under the name Owen Pallett.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back