New Down record, "Over The Under"... (1 Viewer)

Corm

Website
www.myspace.com
...is fucking great! I'm only halfway through my first listen but GODDAMN it's fuckin hard rockin. The riffs are red hot smokin, way better than I was expecting. Yeehaw!

One of the weirdest gigs I've ever been at was Down. Really good when they got going but Jesus Phil Anselmo is a fool. Played a song then talked shit for 5/10 mins before playing another song.

Sounds like Deke from Oi Polloi!
I have their "alive & Kicking" album and while it's interesting the 1st few listens it's very tiresome then.

One of the weirdest gigs I've ever been at was Down. Really good when they got going but Jesus Phil Anselmo is a fool. Played a song then talked shit for 5/10 mins before playing another song.

I think that's generally called "being a smackhead".

Eh, writin for a music magazine. I just got an advance of the album...we've been warned about selling them or leaking them over the internet, hahah, apparently some of the other writers were selling promo copies to nerds on ebay for loads of cash money.

One of the weirdest gigs I've ever been at was Down. Really good when they got going but Jesus Phil Anselmo is a fool. Played a song then talked shit for 5/10 mins before playing another song.​

kinda agree with you. he really should shut up with between song banter. however, its almost expected that hell talk a load of bollocks between songs.

Saw them at Donington before and Anselmo stopped a song cause a guy in the crowd was "staring" at him. Hilarious.

friend of mine saw pantera in sydney, and phil stopped mid song to talk shit as usual. he then told them to restart at the bridge, which they did, but he was so drunk, he didn't realise this and started shouting at the band, for starting at the wrong place.

first comment:
"gangster rap is obnoxious, racist...Pantera is to gangster rap as police officers are to Rodney King."

so, what did everyone think of the record? personally, got bored after three songs, and promtly deleted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back