New Christmas single from Low (1 Viewer)

Wiki says they're Mormons, so there's an 85% chance they are:

Personal lives

Sparhawk and Parker are married, have two children, and are practicing members of the Mormon faith. (Sparhawk was born into an LDS family in Seattle, and for some time lived in Utah before moving to Minnesota at age nine; he also and briefly attended Brigham Young University. Parker is a convert.) In 2006, Sparhawk was involved in raising funds for the construction of a school in Namuncha, Kenya, which he visited in August of that year. On Low's website he is quoted as saying, "My visit to Namuncha, Kenya in August was one of the most impressive experiences of my life so far."

I figure they might be envious of the roast turkey, presents etc. Mormon's don't celebrate Christmas, do they? Do they have Christmas on their home planet?

I think Lullaby is my favourite, the demo that's on the boxset. Amazing.

Yeah, it something else!

Kindly Blessed from the box set is my favourite.

The Plan is a close second

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vxx2gmIOF4"]YouTube - Low - The Plan @ Somerville Theatre 4/7/07[/ame]

Not very good.

Last album was poor - best song by far was Murderer, which as any Low fan would know is quite an old song. Zak Sally's long gone too.
Still though, Trust show in the Ambassador - one of my favourite gigs ever.

Shame to say Subpop's youtube a/c has 134 videos and not one single Codeine video :(.

Hadn't heard this before, it's Alan, Mark Kozelek and Christian Kiefer singing ' When Ike Walked the Land', from the 'Of Great and Moral Men' project (anyone have any more info on that?)
The video is just amazing, it brought back loads of memories of the short time I lived in Chicago and made me all teary eyed. Loads of shots of the Hideout pub, downtown Chicago, Taste of Chicago, etc. Lovely. The song is just brilliant.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back