New Adebisi Tracks... (4 Viewers)

what else could be expected?

i'll tell yis now though, lar has recorded an ultra-secret, ultra-amazing solo for one of my songs, going to be wild when it's done.

Crazy talk!

no, with all due respect to Adebisi, I'll second that, they don't live up to the press hype and local fawning. Good band, not a great one. That bloody guitar (or should I say those guitar pedals) still doesn't fully gel with the drums and bass (their strongest feature) as well as they think it does, and it's all a little bit too random in places to really work. Put them up against ,for example, some of the Skingraft stuff and they sound weak. Definitely better live too. New recordings are definitely going to be getting more play from me than the first EP though, which didn't rock my world. Terrordactyl are better I think.

That's me off Mick's xmas card list.Sorry Mick.

no, with all due respect to Adebisi, I'll second that, they don't live up to the press hype and local fawning. Good band, not a great one. That bloody guitar (or should I say those guitar pedals) still doesn't fully gel with the drums and bass (their strongest feature) as well as they think it does, and it's all a little bit too random in places to really work. Put them up against ,for example, some of the Skingraft stuff and they sound weak. Definitely better live too. New recordings are definitely going to be getting more play from me than the first EP though, which didn't rock my world. Terrordactyl are better I think.

That's me off Mick's xmas card list.Sorry Mick.

ill send you a card lad.
but seriously you hit the nail on the head,if the boys recorded themselves shitting everyone would think it to be the best thing since sliced bread.

if the boys recorded themselves shitting everyone would think it to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Nah. That's just not true.

Loads of people I know were apprehensive about the new tracks being as good as the EP, and were relieved that they were (and some didn't think so, but yeah).

I think they have a massive amount of pressure on them for this album.

I don't think there has ever been an Irish band that could just lash anything out and have people automatically love it.

edit - i mean that's a positive thing

ill send you a card lad.
but seriously you hit the nail on the head,if the boys recorded themselves shitting everyone would think it to be the best thing since sliced bread.

great musicians like, it's just the guitar really wrecks my head as it doesn't compliment what the other two are doing.At all. Just seems like he's more interested in showing of his skills than he is playing with them.

no, with all due respect to Adebisi, I'll second that, they don't live up to the press hype and local fawning. Good band, not a great one. That bloody guitar (or should I say those guitar pedals) still doesn't fully gel with the drums and bass (their strongest feature) as well as they think it does, and it's all a little bit too random in places to really work. Put them up against ,for example, some of the Skingraft stuff and they sound weak. Definitely better live too. New recordings are definitely going to be getting more play from me than the first EP though, which didn't rock my world.

Grimes I think you're way off the mark there now. I've been following the lads from the start and they just keep on getting better. I was listening to the new album last night and it's amazing. These boys are seriously talented and totally live up to the hype. I'm no fan of guitar pedals except in this band it's great. I think your doing the classic Irish carry on, as soon as a band gets a bit of hype they become crap. The bisi are gonna be huge because they're great and they are the hardest working Irish band going.

Grimes I think you're way off the mark there now. I've been following the lads from the start and they just keep on getting better. I was listening to the new album last night and it's amazing. These boys are seriously talented and totally live up to the hype. I'm no fan of guitar pedals except in this band it's great. I think your doing the classic Irish carry on, as soon as a band gets a bit of hype they become crap. The bisi are gonna be huge because they're great and they are the hardest working Irish band going.

yeah Kenn, you're totally right, as always.

Aside from anything, they are definitely the hardest working band I know. And actually one of my favourite bands, period. Especially live.

Not sure about classic Irish thing etc. Like I said I think most people will consider each thing an Irish band does on it's own merits, which like I said, is a positive thing. If it's not their buzz then whatever.

But seriously, reformer's comment is total bollocks. That kind of shit really pisses me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back