• Thread starter Corm
  • Start date
  • Replies 30
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 4

Corm

Website
www.myspace.com
I've been having a total Neurosis renaissance recently since I managed to fix a broken video that I taped off German TV when I was there for a few months 4/5 years ago. I hadn't watched it in about 3 years, it's pretty funny, Steve Von Till & Scott Kelly introduce these piss-awful German alt-rock videos and shit, but there's also some real good interview bits with them and the videos for Locust Star, Cold Ascending and Under The Surface, plus live footage of them playing The Web and Eye. So fucking good, it reminded me of how fucking devastating they are live. Anyway, after resurrecting that video I'm salivating at the prospect of more...so I'm looking for live footage/bootlegs, both recordings and videos...anyone got anything? I'll buy 'em off ya or swap or even just to get a loan or anything?

apparently some new video of theirs is "on heavy rotation" on mtv2
8-0
though that could be just a vicious rumour, can'#t remember where i heard it

They are soooo good live I wouldnt bother with videos. Although I'm pretty sure Mero videoed them in Barnstormers all those years ago. Good luck finding that!!!

Cormcolash said:
I remember seeing them about 5 years ago and they were good, and I didn't even know who the hell they were at the time.
Best live band ever.Fact.
Corm,I have an insanely good video of them from around the time of "Souls at Zero" somewhere in Europe.Pop round some night for a cup of tea and we'll have a bit of a gander.

Baron said:
Despite having a release on the once amazing Lookout records, Neurosis are no pop punk band.

Let that be a warning to all pop punk fans.
Thank you, oh master of the fucking obvious.I think we all have a rough idea what Neurosis sound like by now,thanks.

Anyway Corm, I'm not 100 sure but I think I may actually have a video of them in Barnstormers too..I'll check it out for you..

needtokill said:
Thank you, oh master of the fucking obvious.I think we all have a rough idea what Neurosis sound like by now,thanks.
ahem.

the strange guy said:
It had to be said.
Thank you, oh master of the fucking obvious.I think we all have a rough idea what jaded cynics sounds like by now,thanks.

fucks sake. all the trendy fuckers these days hate michael moore, fast food nation et al and its wrecking me head
these guys may have ripped off others but that doesnt make their points any less valid, JUST BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE READ THE BOOK DOESNT MEAN YOU SHOULD IGNORE IT. For every idiot who reads one book and thinks they know everything about a topic there are about seven idiots putting that person down for trying.

you're all a bunch of elitist pricks

grr, i am angry

I is John said:
fucks sake. all the trendy fuckers these days hate michael moore, fast food nation et al and its wrecking me head
I personally don't "hate" Michael Moore or whoever, Naomi Klein and that I suppose, what annoys me is the way in which its done. I read the MM book Stupid White Men, and it was entertaining enough (if a bit too post-ironic self-referential style American) with some good points made, but I've one huge problem with it. It doesn't even suggest that any of the problems in thebook might possibly be changed by people themselves with their own actions. Instead it stupidly and blindly blames all the problems it brings up on Geroge Bush and his cronies, rather than challenging the system which has put these fuckers in power, and will continue to put other fuckers in power. The entire feeling I got from the book was something like this "There's all these problems, but its all the fault of the Bush government, you can't do anything about it, so blame it on them and sit tight. Oh, and don't even bother looking into legitimate ways of recycling and responsible living, cos I followed a bin truck once and it just mixed all the rubbish up together anyway".

And I won't even get into the fact that the "legitimate dissent" culture of these books is just another product to be assimilated, digested and ignored.

Co-opt and destroy.

Anyway, fuck Michael Moore, Neurosis know where its at.

I pretty much agree with Corm there especially on the "Fuck Micheal Moore, Neurosis is where it's at".

Despite that I am going to see "Roger and Me" tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back