Neil Young's PonoMusic player (2 Viewers)

Surprised no-one is hating on the headphones

223763d1394238392-suitcase-speakers-modelgiantheadphones-jpeg

Bandcamp, HDtracks, Boomkat and others already sell flac. Bandcamp has no restriction on sample rates/bit depth of the tracks you upload, other than the filesize. (max 600MB per track.)

This all looks like mostly bollocks, but all in a nicely branded space, so a small amount of people will make a lot of money and nothing else will happen. That testimonial video is full of so much crap I had to lie down for 2 days in a darkened room such was my rage.
Anthony fecking Kollidoscope talking about audio quality, from a band whose fans petitioned to get their albums remastered by a different engineer because it sounded so crap. Eddie bleed'in Vedder! I listened to that remixed/mastered version of Ten last year and it's mixed/mastered so loud it sounds like ass hat. If those guys spent more time caring about what their final albums sounded like and not what what bloody sample rate they're using then I might have an ounce of respect for what this bollocks is.
They talk in that video as if they've never been inside a control room of a studio.
So much shite.

I'd wager 0.05% of people record/mix/master at 24bit/192kHz.
Are they going to go back in time and re-record/mix/master all the albums that have been released?

It just looks like a really great high end portable player and a slicker online store/system than HDtracks/bandcamp etc.

Think You Have Golden Ears? Take the Scientist Challenge!

The reason they developed a high end player was that, contrary to Youngs first rantings, digital audio formats are fine as they are.
They're using Flac, something that's been around since 2001 and has only been slightly modified in that time!

Anyone expecting this to be anything other than a really great playback device will be disappointed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was listening to Ragged Glory recently and wondering how long before he incorporates Pono into the lyrics of that song.

Also:
Users found this page by searching for:
  1. giant headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back