Neil Young sells out 3 Vicar St Shows in 15 mins!! (1 Viewer)

DontMugYourself

Website
Visit site
And you wonder why they charge €105 a ticket???

It's because 3000+ people are willing to pay that much within 15 mins of them going on-sale....that's why

Damit..I would have paid that much too (even though its crazy) if only the poxy things didnt sell out immediately.

Is it not ironic that Neil Young, Tom Petty & Pearl Jam all took big stands against Ticketmaster in the early 90's over exhorbident tickets prices & ticket booking charges and now he is playing gigs to 1000 people that cost €105??

just a thought or maybe I'm just bitter...

Originally posted by DontMugYourself

Is it not ironic that Neil Young, Tom Petty & Pearl Jam all took big stands against Ticketmaster in the early 90's over exhorbident tickets prices & ticket booking charges and now he is playing gigs to 1000 people that cost €105??

just a thought or maybe I'm just bitter...

Everybody has a price. But especially when they get old. That sucks. Someone should ring the cops just before the gig and report the large robbery of 1000 people just off Thomas st!

Re: Re: Neil Young sells out 3 Vicar St Shows in 15 mins!!

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Everybody has a price.

dibiasecard.JPG

Re: Re: Neil Young sells out 3 Vicar St Shows in 15 mins!!

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Someone should ring the cops just before the gig and report the large robbery of 1000 people just off Thomas st!

In this case a bomb scare would actually be really funny.

Re: Re: Re: Neil Young sells out 3 Vicar St Shows in 15 mins!!

Ahahahahahah pete, played!

Originally posted by dudley
is it true that these are charity gigs?

i hope they are, that'd piss off everyone who's been complaining about the price no end.

is it true that these are charity gigs?

I dont think so Dudley. The only one that is, is a Gay Byrne night there on the 23rd march with Christy Moore, Baldy Sinead & Bo'hollier than thou'no and the usual other crew, its for Crumlin Childrens cancer research.

As far as I know the Neil Young gig aint for charity. I know he does a huge ammount for Charity in the states (The Bridge Benefit gigs) but, if it is that would be cool.

It would be great to think that one night could raise €105,000 and three nights €315,000...now that would be cool!!

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..neil young..*yawn*..sorry peter.

lizzie *yawn* *puke* oh sorry lizzie

ill let you know if i hear anything on the neil young tix if theres any way of workin around it i know some people in vicar st. and if aiken are doing it it shouldnt be a problem, i gots muh free tix to metallica linkin park AND BS passes (only got BS passes for the other half cuz hes obsessed with metallica....) so keep an open mind ill works on it

Is he doing these gigs solo, does anyone know? I didn't get a ticket based on not thinking Crazy Horse were playing with him. They aren't right? Oh, hey, Pantone - are you going?

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
Is he doing these gigs solo, does anyone know? I didn't get a ticket based on not thinking Crazy Horse were playing with him. They aren't right? Oh, hey, Pantone - are you going?

its just him and his acoustic geetar

he was here with The Horse last year in the point

I was too lazy to go

now me = kicking me

I didn't get a ticket, I would've vomited handing over that much money
I got faint and dizzy paying for Brian Wilson, this would've made me spew

too much

Originally posted by Syb
lizzie *yawn* *puke* oh sorry lizzie

ill let you know if i hear anything on the neil young tix if theres any way of workin around it i know some people in vicar st. and if aiken are doing it it shouldnt be a problem, i gots muh free tix to metallica linkin park AND BS passes (only got BS passes for the other half cuz hes obsessed with metallica....) so keep an open mind ill works on it

..yeah linkin park are the best, so is being 21 and wearing big boy pants.

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..yeah linkin park are the best, so is being 21 and wearing big boy pants.

hey lizzie anyone ever tell ya you remind em of a bitch getting slapped???? funny cuz you look JUST like that.....

at any rate i dont LIKE linkin park if you pay ANY fuckin attention at all youd read the fact that im GOING cuz my boyfriend wants to....god talk about ADD

Originally posted by Syb
hey lizzie anyone ever tell ya you remind em of a bitch getting slapped???? funny cuz you look JUST like that.....

at any rate i dont LIKE linkin park if you pay ANY fuckin attention at all youd read the fact that im GOING cuz my boyfriend wants to....god talk about ADD

oh, classic. top-drawer stuff.

fiachra, do you have that pacific ocean blue lp?

have 3 mp3's here and they're deadly.

I don't, but Andrew Lyster has,
he was going too burn me a copy, but I ended up getting loads of Can and strange electroncia off him and forgot.

I've never heard it, is it good?
I love Dennis Wilsons songs on Friends and Sunflower
they're either very sweet and nice or just plain raunchy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back