Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Landing On Water

• Life

• This Note's For You

• Total voters
i would have voted for it except i havent heard are you passionate? or silver and gold and i didnt want to mess up the poll.

I wouldn't worry, seems the only 70's Neil album most folks who voted in that poll had heard was On The Bleedin' Beach.... :)

actually maybe I voted for Silver & Gold, I had the horn for that about a year back in a big way...

whats the story with Trans and reactor?how good or bad are they? havent heard anything off them. ever. in shakey he goes on about it being computer music or something to that effect.

Hawks and Doves is pretty cool. I love that song Little Wing (not the Hendrix tune).
Reactor's got some great moments too. Surfer Joe and Moe the Sleaze and is Like an Inca on that? Super track.

Would have to go for Rust Never Sleeps, though I haven't heard all of the others. Must get a copy of Trans sometime.

I can tell you what's the worst one of that lot that I'm familiar with - Landing On Water. Truly terrible. That whole period is definitely a dip in quality after an amazing sequence of albums. But you know, I'm not convinced that what came after was all that great either. I mean Ragged Glory is a good solid album but I think most people like it (and Freedom) because it reminds them of 1970's Neil Young. There's a live album that came out soon after those two (was it Live Rust?) where there is just an obvious and glaring difference in quality in the songs from the late 80s/early 90s period and those from the 70s. I suppose them's the breaks when you produce a decade's worth of amazing music .... everything you do afterwards get judged in comparison.

I love that Joseph Heller quote when someone asks him why he never managed to write a book as good as Catch-22 ever again. He just shrugged and said something like "Well, who has?"

Would have to go for Rust Never Sleeps, though I haven't heard all of the others. Must get a copy of Trans sometime.

I can tell you what's the worst one of that lot that I'm familiar with - Landing On Water. Truly terrible. That whole period is definitely a dip in quality after an amazing sequence of albums. But you know, I'm not convinced that what came after was all that great either. I mean Ragged Glory is a good solid album but I think most people like it (and Freedom) because it reminds them of 1970's Neil Young. There's a live album that came out soon after those two (was it Live Rust?) where there is just an obvious and glaring difference in quality in the songs from the late 80s/early 90s period and those from the 70s. I suppose them's the breaks when you produce a decade's worth of amazing music .... everything you do afterwards get judged in comparison.

I love that Joseph Heller quote when someone asks him why he never managed to write a book as good as Catch-22 ever again. He just shrugged and said something like "Well, who has?"

Weld was the live LP from 1991. Leaned towards the Freedom and Ragged Glory material. Pretty good but it's no Live Rust.

The Arc CD is interesting but I've only played it once.

Weld was the live LP from 1991. Leaned towards the Freedom and Ragged Glory material. Pretty good but it's no Live Rust.

The Arc CD is interesting but I've only played it once.

Oh yeah ... its Weld I was thinking of.

Here, there was a CD-only album called Eldorado released around this time (just before Freedom came out). I think it was only released in Japan or something like that and has overlapping material with some of the other releases .. but ... does anyone here have it? If so, what's it like?

Here, there was a CD-only album called Eldorado released around this time (just before Freedom came out). I think it was only released in Japan or something like that and has overlapping material with some of the other releases .. but ... does anyone here have it? If so, what's it like?

Don't have it but it has three tracks from Freedom but they're different versions. Plus two other tracks not available elsewhere.

Tends to be expensive.

Oh yeah ... its Weld I was thinking of.
separator.gif

weld is a great album, much better than live rust i think. it was the third album i got into after harvest and after the goldrush which i had on one of those shitty cassettes that feature two albums on one tape. i've never heard Arc or eldorado. i think arc was thurston moore's idea.

i love the weld version of fuckin up. it'd be cool if it came out on dvd

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grok0EXtX5k[/MEDIA]

everybody's rocking has one of the greatest album covers ever. i voted for rust never sleeps even though i've only heard comes a time, rust never sleeps and old ways from that list. was always too afraid to check any of the rest out

edit: i nearly bought landing on water once ... narrow escape from the sounds of things

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back