near death experiences (1 Viewer)

pictures??

i've nearly choked to death a number of times in the last 6 months
a viral infection in my throat has left permanent in my lungs that occasionally traps oxygen and stops me from breathing
the worst thing about it is that sometimes it gets me coughing very heavy which incites nasty vomiting - all goes a bit wrong though as nowt is going through my throat and start chocking on the vomit too
always seems to work out fine in the end though...

Jazes I don't like the sound of that.

I have the Newspaper clippings somewhere.And me mate took photos of me stomach in the hospital but I only saw one once and decided against looking at them ever again.Which is a decision I'm gonna stick with.Gnome Sain?

(...damn...)

Jazes I don't like the sound of that.

yeah, still happens from time to time, which is a bit shit...

nearly flew out a taxi door going full speed when i was a baby, mum caught me just as i was falling out.

when i was 10 ish, whole family was driving to the beach on a small country road, some guy driving full speed straight at us locked off his head, would have been a full speed head on collision, but his car hit the ditch at the last minute, flipped the car straight over us, his roof grazed ours. cops found him in a field with an empty bottle of whiskey in the car.

second, i was drinking all night, went out on the roof at the top of the buildings on washington street in cork, above prime time. me and a mate tightrope walked right on the edge of the building overlooking the street, 4/5 ish stories up. didn't slip or anything but it was pretty fuckin stupid, gives me shivers whenever i think of it.

nearly flew out a taxi door going full speed when i was a baby, mum caught me just as i was falling out.

when i was 10 ish, whole family was driving to the beach on a small country road, some guy driving full speed straight at us locked off his head, would have been a full speed head on collision, but his car hit the ditch at the last minute, flipped the car straight over us, his roof grazed ours. cops found him in a field with an empty bottle of whiskey in the car.

second, i was drinking all night, went out on the roof at the top of the buildings on washington street in cork, above prime time. me and a mate tightrope walked right on the edge of the building overlooking the street, 4/5 ish stories up. didn't slip or anything but it was pretty fuckin stupid, gives me shivers whenever i think of it.

are any of these stories going to be used as evidence against us..?

When I was about 6 my dad parked the car at the top of a very slight hill, left me in it and went into the shop to get something, needless to say I pulled the hand break and sent the car hurtling towards a busy junction and just sat in the back seat wondering what was going on.

Witnesses tell me that my old man must have broken some kind of land speed record racing after the car and as it was a shitty old fiesta he managed to stop it with his bare hands just before the junction.

Apparently when he got in to see if I was okay and was just laughing at him and his red face :p

This is not one of the more exciting stories but when I was a baby my parents went to check on me in my cot and found that I'd stopped breathing and had turned blue. They managed to resuscitate me and brought me to hospital so alles gut but must've been pretty scary for them. Needless to say I remember nothing of this.

This is pretty amazing:

spektr_near.jpg

I just realized a week after I wrote my post I ended up hospital for 9 days with the same thing. Minus the paddles and ICU though. Lets not jinx me, lads. It's four years again now. Knocking on wood.

Bernie, no swimming in Spain next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back