Natural History Museum Treasures in Collins Barracks (1 Viewer)

Rachel666

From here.

Description

Time: Tue-Fri: 10.00am

The Dead Zoo At Large “ Treasures of the Natural History Museum

Step back in time and savour the atmosphere of this temporary exhibition reconstructed at a new venue. This temporary exhibition fills the gap left by the closure of the 1857 building on Merrion Street. A wide selection of the 10,000 exhibits from the Merrion Street museum has been brought back into the light. Old favourites include the giant deer, the giraffe and the families of badgers, foxes and otters.

Also on display are items from the geological collection including Ireland's Moon Rock, which was collected in 1972 as part of an Apollo mission.

This temporary exhibition is housed at the Riding School in Collins Barracks.
yay its back! something free and cool to do this summer. lol at "dead zoo", all the parents should bring the kids there after seeing the alive one.:p

i went to that place about 10+ years ago.
My then girlfriend wanted to see it, I dont think I knew it existed. She found it in Fadors Dublin or something. Fairly disturbing so it is.
High ceilings, extremely old dead things decomposing at a glacial rate in jars, very dusty, silent, and completely still.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I went to it yesterday, in Collins Barracks.
It's just a temporary exhibition there, so they don't have room for everything that was in the Natural History Museum, but it's still class!

i went to that place about 10+ years ago.
My then girlfriend wanted to see it, I dont think I knew it existed. She found it in Fadors Dublin or something. Fairly disturbing so it is.
High ceilings, extremely old dead things decomposing at a glacial rate in jars, very dusty, silent, and completely still.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

That's what's deadly about it.. it's like a museum of a museum, basically the same as it was 100 years ago.

They're taking their sweet time with the renovations - the stair collapse that made them close the place was almost 2 years ago.

here, is it true it's coming back this month????

(ps. go away groom)

so I went to this yesterday. It's still brilliant although the balconies are all closed which is a pity because they've got some of the best bits of the whole museum.

Very busy at the moment though, might go back in a few months when it's back to no one talking above a whisper.

:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back