Nathan Barley.. (1 Viewer)

i really enjoyed it, quite slow for the first couple of episodes but it got so good. remarkable how the characters in it are like people i have made the misfortune of coming into contact over the years. horribly accurate in parts, i think of it being like "spaced" with claws, basically.

Jonnaton Yeah?, 15Peter20, and Doug Rocket were superb characters.
my personal favorite moments were the "geekpie": "this isn't me, i tried to get this fixed but the barber couldnt finish because i killed his cat", and the young cokehead: "thur-fucking-teen!"

"Awesome Fucking Welles!"

I only saw about 2 episodes but I nearly fell off the couch when he was doing his seduction rap, VG now altogether.

Brian Conniffe said:
i really enjoyed it, quite slow for the first couple of episodes but it got so good. remarkable how the characters in it are like people i have made the misfortune of coming into contact over the years. horribly accurate in parts, i think of it being like "spaced" with claws, basically.

Jonnaton Yeah?, 15Peter20, and Doug Rocket were superb characters.
my personal favorite moments were the "geekpie": "this isn't me, i tried to get this fixed but the barber couldnt finish because i killed his cat", and the young cokehead: "thur-fucking-teen!"

"Awesome Fucking Welles!"

The Fwames said:
Very disappointing. Saw the first episode and didn't find it remotely funny. He's just copied the office and fucked with it a bit.

the first episode is by far the weakest, i thought it improved with every episode, and really hit its stride by episode 3.
i dont think its a rip-off of the office, despite a few similarities, which are unavoidable as they are both operating the sphere of comedy of embarrasment, awkwardness. the barley character may have brent-like qualities, however, i see as a continuation of the fool, who is pathetic yet we can relate to on some awful level, in british comedy: basil fawlty, alan partridge, david brent, nathan barley.

ThatIs-Excellent.jpg

das funkinstein said:
i like some of it only got to see 2 or 3 episodes.
i think its some of morris weekest work, brasseye and the day today are still solid.

brass eye is the absolute pinnacle, absolutely perfect in every way. the "drugs" episode may well be the greatest half hour of TV ever. the day today was highly influencial (the fake documentary called "the office" in it predates "the office" tv show by several years), and immecibly put together: watch a couple of episode of it, then switch on sky news and you wont be able to take the real news reports seriously. the war episode, rok tv, and the alan partridge bits are all comedy genious. jam and blue jam are just stunning...

nathan barley is not as perfect or as all round amazing as the above, but its a totally new direction for morris (so to compare them is difficult), and has some classic moments. and compared with general standard of british comedy over the last few years, its heads and shoulders above the great majority of it all.

i would say, however, that the worst thing chris morris ever did was that "my wrongs" film. i absolutely adore his work, and am completely obsessive about it in general, but i thought "my wrongs" was total shit. i bought it when it came out, and i have only watched it twice. i dont want to see it again because i find it painfully bad.

Yeah not chris's best series but it was good, 'straight on straight gay sex', Abso-bloody-fantastic! I'd rank it one of the last on the list:
1.) JAAAAAAAaaaam!! (Mr. Lizard was genius! 'Wipers!, What??, Wipe them off with windscreen wipers! YOU Wipe them off! Whats your name??? 'Mr. Lizard', Whats your bosses name?? Another Mr. Lizard!! Mr Lizard!!')
2.) Brass Eye (Everything was great!!)
3.) The Day Today (Our species Homo-sappynews)
4.) Nathan Barley (www.trashbat.co.ck)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back