Nadja/Altar of Plagues/Sea Dog/Wölflinge-Cork.November 28th (1 Viewer)

Anarcho if you want any of that stuff on the site just say here and i'll bring it it.Anyone else same story...need to have money to buy Aidan Baker stuff!

ah yeah...i checked on the site before but i thought that everything was all out of date. I'm not sure yet if i'll even be getting much off ya...i have stuff waiting in Plugged for me as well and im fairly skint. Might just take a few zines though.!ninjaaaa

The Killing Spree - 'Not Your Choice/The Urge To Purge' 7 inch
The Devil on 45 - ISSUE 3
Profane Existence #56 + CD compilation
Unset - #SIX# Blood Iron
Divisions Ruin - 7 inch
Les Christ Punchers - 'fuck your yankee blue jeans'

If you have any of them that'd be deadly.

So which lad will you be?!ninjaaaa

The Killing Spree - 'Not Your Choice/The Urge To Purge' 7 inch
The Devil on 45 - ISSUE 3
Profane Existence #56 + CD compilation
Unset - #SIX# Blood IronDivisions Ruin - 7 inchLes Christ Punchers - 'fuck your yankee blue jeans'

If you have any of them that'd be deadly.

So which lad will you be?!ninjaaaa

i'll be the normal looking guy carrying records around!
You know Skippy? or DDmurph? i'll ask around for you...place is small so if i say your name you'll probably here it.
gonna be a good night!

Yeah they sounded brilliant. Deadly gig, even if I did make the stupid mistake of standing right next to the speakers for Nadja.

I found it even more painful standing next to the speakers for AOP.!ninjaaaa
But they were well fucking deadly I thought.

First time seeing Seadog too and I thought they were really rocking. Sounded like The Kabinboy except more 70's! Was a welcome relief to hear some top quality riffage after the first noise act who i enjoyed and was really impressed with but. after running around in the freezing cold for 40 mins cos i lost my fucking way, I wasn't in the greatest mood for it but I quickly got into it after a while. Would like to see her again sometime.

I enjoyed Nadja but I reckon that they are pretty over-hyped after seeing them live. I was really looking forward to them pummeling the noise straight through me, but I didn't get quite the buzz I thought i would off of them. Still really enjoyable and enchanting to watch.

Big cheers to Rimbaud for all the records and the pint!.|..|

I was really looking forward to them pummeling the noise straight through me, but I didn't get quite the buzz I thought i would off of them. Still really enjoyable and enchanting to watch.

good thing you didn't see them in fibbers, way to quiet, bands like that need volume, and fibbers utterly failed to deliver.
Still enjoyed their set, but it could have been so much more.

heard something about cops turning up to fibbers what was the score there?

Right, I was prety shitfaced but the general gist of it is this:

From what I understand someone in Manchester called the police saying Negura Bunget were a Nazi band (they're absolutely nothing of the sort and have actually made this quite clear on several occasions in the past) when they were playing there earlier in the wek, and the venue in Manchester pulled the gig.

Apparently the police passed word to interpol(!) about the incident who checked their tour dates and for whatever reason decided to contact the Gardai and "tip them off" with this nonsenical allegation that a far right band were playing, hence the gardai turned up to check it out. The manager of Fibbers apparently were going to pull the gig but after speaking to the promoters and being shown lyrics and that kinda thing, the cops realised that this was all bullshit and left without any hassle.

However, I guess based on what happened with Grand Belial's Key, someone suggested to me that the gardai might have been contacted by "lefty anarchist punks", which I nipped in the bud fairly quickly.

The Dublin gig was the best night out i've had in months, and that had very little to do with the bands, and a whole lot to do with the Ollies. Major craic.

However, I guess based on what happened with Grand Belial's Key, someone suggested to me that the gardai might have been contacted by "lefty anarchist punks", which I nipped in the bud fairly quickly.

ah yeah the
"lefty anarchist punks" and the cops best of friends sure.

this bands website imagery etc is fucking amazing....sounding good to any chance of a cdr mr grimmes?

ah yeah the
"lefty anarchist punks" and the cops best of friends sure.

this bands website imagery etc is fucking amazing....sounding good to any chance of a cdr mr grimmes?

absolutely Byrneos, my pleasure. I think you'll like them alright, the newest album "Om" is fucking amazing.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks to all that came to the cork show. Reached venue capacity (+30 extra people) 30mins after doors.
Wolflinge was stunning. The crowd was respective of the silence also which was great.
Sea Dog were deadly, although I could not give them my full attention while handling the door.

I personally enjoyed Nadja far more in Cork, the whiskey had buckets more atmosphere than Fibbers. Aswell as that the sound in fibbers was apalling. I could hear daft punk playing at the back of the venue while WOTH were playing.
Nadja are quite inanimate live, its almost more of an eyes closed type show.

Negura Bunget blew me away last night, their front man performs with a passion that does their material justice. Would have been very dissapointing if it were otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back