nada surf play 3 date irish tour in april (1 Viewer)

Unknown Convict said:
any chance vanderslice might play the support _this time_? two previous ns tours had him on board, but never in dublin... here's hoping

got to see him twice in France with the 'Surf, he was quite good actually, I didn't think much of the support bands the last 2 times they played here

schmegeggin said:
got to see him twice in France with the 'Surf, he was quite good actually, I didn't think much of the support bands the last 2 times they played here
we're playing the three gigs with them...!
hope you like the support this time. :)

LAST GIG RULED. EXCEPT FOR THE BASS PLAYER WHO LOOKED LIKE FLATTLEY AND THAT CRUSTY/HOBO/ALCHO DUDE WHO WORKS THE FRANCIS ST AREA. THE ONE WITH THE TOP HAT AND DREADS. HE PRANCED AROUND BLOUUSSON STYLE TOO. NOT THAT HE'S A SHIT BASSER OR ANYTHING.

BAND MEETING I SAY. OFF WITH THE DREADS AND BURN THE WARDROBE.

WHATS THIS ABOUT THE SUPPORT CROWD FROM LAST TIME GETTIN' A BIG DEAL?? THE CLUB HEAD BANG BANG HEADZ SAY NICE ONE. AND YIZ WERE REALLY SOUND TOO.

GAN SURF AR BITH

ALLAAHHQUAANNNDOOO!!

talkinglama said:
gig was fucking brilliant!.|..|:) had a great time.

Well done to the delorentos guys as well- great set.

agreed. fantastic night. Makes a change to see bands actually enjoy playing a gig.

Why did most delorentos song sound like 'my sharona'?

thickaspigshit said:
Why did most delorentos song sound like 'my sharona'?

because you touch yourself at night.

was chatting to the drummer from nada surf for ages and i must say he was a really genuine person//
i was doing backline that night and i was telling him the bass drum kept slipping so we stuck a rock in front but he kept insisting that he plays drums like a girl. hehe.

the nad's fuckin ruled! what a fuckin classic band,go's to show all that wrong with the music industry that these aren't huge,seriously not a single bad tune in the set,started with popular and then ran with it,stalemate mixed with love will tear us apart sounds incredible,blizzard of '77 with the crowd singing was something to behold aswell,and they really seemed to enjoy playing here,genuinely seemed to take a shine to us paddy's

wished they'd played bacardi tho :(

but they blend it in with one of there songs as if it's the one song! then seamlessly return to their own tune,it's like a musical marrage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back