MySpace - do you still use it? (1 Viewer)

myspace links in articles. maybe i'm blocking them out. in my imagined version of the web everything is a soundcloud/bandcamp/youtube stream in modern rags.

KING LEAR
O, cry your mercy, sir.
Noble philosopher, your company.

EDGAR
Tom's a-cold.

GLOUCESTER
In, fellow, there, into the hovel: keep thee warm.

KING LEAR
Come let's in all.

KENT
This way, my lord.

KING LEAR
With him; I will keep still with my philosopher.

KENT
Good my lord, soothe him; let him take the fellow.

GLOUCESTER
Take him you on.

KENT
Sirrah, come on; go along with us.

KING LEAR
Come, good Athenian.

GLOUCESTER
No words, no words: hush.

EDGAR
Child Rowland to the dark tower came [town come],
His word was still, "Fie, foh, and fum,
I smell the blood of a British man."

Exit

Pete, there's probably money to be made in making a site with all the features of myspace circa 2006, but with added Tweet this and Like buttons. Myspace started going downhill when they stopped allowing MP3 downloads, it became infinitely less useful, but it's relaunch was so wrong it beggars belief. Mr. Murdoch has a half a billion dollar slab of shite. I don't know why I haven't deleted mine, I deleted all the comments. Nowadays, it also automatically gives you random friends for some reason.

I'll probably always have a bit of a soft spot for myspace. Even if it has become a bit more crap than it used to be, it is how I reconnected with Mr Squiggle. But I only check in maybe once a month these days.

Logged in for the first time in probably years since reading this thread.

Its all different & still shite.

someone did a fancy Squarehead wordpress with twitter feed, bandcamp, tumblr all on one page afair. there's a definite slot for something that ties together various strands of band activity on-line in one place. possibly with added social networking. does facebook do it? but...

I edited down our myspace site to a basic information place. Something that only needs updating very rarely. I know exactly what Pete means though.

You'd think that myspace would at least do something about the compression on images. It's insane.

I once joined this site garagebands or garagesounds (I don't know if it's still going).To join you had to listen and review about 50 other bands, so I got couople of pints put my headphons on and went on:boring, unoriginal, unimaginative, repetitive,shit etc.Which I really meant. For some reason I thought it was anonymous, the next morning I was flooded with responses like:"shouldn't the criticism be constructive? or "we're using 12 strings guitar how can you call us unoriginal?" and so on. Decided to delete myself before generating an army of enemies. The old myspace was quite good before it turned into crappier version of facebook.When you're new to it it automatically shares things you don't intend to which makes the pages messy and boring, it's like the sites are stalkers and spammers themselves, with all that overload of information, it makes it harder to find sth interesting.Also recently discovered that the link to selling my album on line doesn't work anymore. Useless. Been thinking for a while of some other ways of promoting music, not going to tell you yet though :)

MySpace, once the world’s largest social network, died a long time ago. It will be buried soon. News Corp (NYSE: NWS) bought MySpace and its parent in 2005 for $580 million which was considered inexpensive at the time based on the web property’s size. MySpace held the top spot among social networks based on visitors from mid-2006 until mid-2008 according to several online research services. It was overtaken by Facebook at that point. Facebook has 700 million members worldwide now and recently passed Yahoo! (NASDAQ: YHOO) as the largest website for display advertising based on revenue. News Corp was able to get an exclusive advertising deal worth $900 million shortly after it bought the property, but that was its sales high-water mark. Its audience is currently estimated to be less that 20 million visitors in the US. Why did MySpace fall so far behind Facebook? No one knows for certain. It may be that Facebook had more attractive features for people who wanted to share their identities online. It may have been that it appealed to a younger audience which tends to spend more time online. News Corp announced in February that it would sell MySpace. There were no serious bids. Rumors surfaced recently that a buyer may take the website for $100 million. The brand is worth little if anything. A buyer is likely to kill the name and fold the subscriber base into another brand. News Corp has hinted it will close MySpace if it does not find a buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back