my phone has gone mad (1 Viewer)

silo

advice needed.

i have a nokia phone; one of the grey ones, fairly old now i suppose.

for the last couple of days i've been unable to charge the battery.

i plug in the phone to the charger, it starts to charge, the 'charging' screen comes up momentarily, then it goes back to the normal screen (with the four lumps up the right-hand side of the screen being animated going up) as it should. all grand so far.

then after a few seconds, a screen comes up saying 'not charging'. simple as that. and it stops charging. and when someone tries to ring me, the phone dies.

anyone ever had this problem? advice?

thankin' you.

Is it a 3310? The batteries in those are a joke. Even the manual cheerfully admits you can only recharge them about 500 times.

As Neil Young would say, "piece o' shit".

Originally posted by silo
advice needed.

i have a nokia phone; one of the grey ones, fairly old now i suppose.

for the last couple of days i've been unable to charge the battery.

i plug in the phone to the charger, it starts to charge, the 'charging' screen comes up momentarily, then it goes back to the normal screen (with the four lumps up the right-hand side of the screen being animated going up) as it should. all grand so far.

then after a few seconds, a screen comes up saying 'not charging'. simple as that. and it stops charging. and when someone tries to ring me, the phone dies.

anyone ever had this problem? advice?

thankin' you.

its either:
your charger (the wires break in the leads in exactly the same way the wires break in headphones)

the socket the charger is inserted into

or the battery - lithium ion batteries really don't have a shelf life past several hundred charges

my money is on the charger lead being damaged though (I'm sure the battery's not up to much at this stage in anyways cos those phones are pretty old now). Try someone elses nokia charger and see if that sorts it.

The lithium ones are still way better than the nickel manganese ones. I'd say you have one of the latter. Check the battery and see if it has "Li" or "Ni MH" written on it.

As for the model, I'm no expert so I can't identify it: it doesn't look quite like a 3310, though...

Originally posted by kirstie
its either:
your charger (the wires break in the leads in exactly the same way the wires break in headphones)

the socket the charger is inserted into

or the battery - lithium ion batteries really don't have a shelf life past several hundred charges

my money is on the charger lead being damaged though (I'm sure the battery's not up to much at this stage in anyways cos those phones are pretty old now). Try someone elses nokia charger and see if that sorts it.

it isn't ANNE
3310's/3330's are smaller and a much newer model, I had wan for a while a year or so ago.
The one Silo has is one of the Nokias that was released after the big black antennae one - the one they made such a hoo-ha with what with the (se)Xpress on covers. Everyone at the time thought it was madly posh, but it now gets a response of 'ha ha look at your brick' etc

Yer phone is fucked man. Thats what happens when you have a Nokia ages. The battery goes, won't recharge. Then it starts cutting off mid-conversation with someone. Its a downward spiral from here on in dude.

thank yewz all very much for all this...

the phone battery says 'Ni MH'.

the charger is a newer replacement one for my old one, which got killed when my flatmate put a cupboard on it. however, it had been working fine prior to this week.

gonna check it out with different chargers and the like.

it's not the wires in the charger; they're grand.

it's not the socket; tried several.

yes i need a new phone but i'm on the dole (no money to purchase said phone) and i'm looking for a job (need phone as part of this process). catch-22. anyone want to give me a job and solve both my problems and several more all in one go? thought not.

It's a possibility someone on thumped had one of those phones which they've subsequently upgraded from. Perhaps try to coerce a battery out of someone for sexual favours or similar?

Originally posted by kirstie
It's a possibility someone on thumped had one of those phones which they've subsequently upgraded from. Perhaps try to coerce a battery out of someone for sexual favours or similar?

well people, you heard her. do i have to start a 'blowjobs for batteries' thread or will people look this far down this thread?

p247, don't even start.

people, pm me. give me batteries, if you have them lying around.

much love, silo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back