my morning jacket. (1 Viewer)

rampz

just listening to "at dawn" and "it still moves" today for the first time in years. totally forgot how deadly these guys are. anyone got Z? any good.

just listening to "at dawn" and "it still moves" today for the first time in years. totally forgot how deadly these guys are. anyone got Z? any good.
Z is quite good, very different vibe to it than those other two.

"At Dawn" was the sound of Summer '04 for me. great record.

Z is quite good, very different vibe to it than those other two.

"At Dawn" was the sound of Summer '04 for me. great record.

i totally loved the aforementioned when i got them, saw them live in temple bar music centre, again amazing and then totally forgot about them. although this was around the time that i started going raving a lot.

I think they are deadly, agree with everything that was said about Z. Was looking forward to seeing them at last years Electric Picnic, but they were pulled from the line-up fairly late on.

I seen them twice now amazing, there is a very good two CD live album out

I thought Z was a bit poo, once the stopped using a Grain Silo as a Galaxie 500 stylee reverb it just got a bit too generic standard US rock for my liking

hey ramps, got any Vera's?

I seen them twice now amazing, there is a very good two CD live album out

I thought Z was a bit poo, once the stopped using a Grain Silo as a Galaxie 500 stylee reverb it just got a bit too generic standard US rock for my liking

hey ramps, got any Vera's?
hey tony toni tone,

you ever heard of Great Lake Swimmers? they're from my neck of the woods, and used the old grain-silo-as-reverb-chamber trick with their 1st LP....was lovely.

any other bands use this technique, i wonder? probably loads since MMJ.

I've been listening to Z over the last few weeks (hadn't heard any MMJ before). I think it's is amazing. Not so much At Dawn. Z sounds like it has a U2-type production at times (or even worse), but it totally gets away with it with the music and the lyrics. There's a guitar solo/jam on the 2nd last song that's truly mind blowing. Well, my mind anyway. Haven't heard anything else other than those two. Must get "It Still Moves". Anyone hear the new album? Any good?

it's all about the first two records for me

the singer chap gave me a hug in the palace pool room 5 years ago or so

they've not made a good album since

just sayin'

Yes, well, obviously, that would be the highlight of his life and he would struggle for inspiration after that. I think he refers to the experience in Z a couple of times.

I once shook Mark Kozeleks hand and said that RHP were brilliant etc. He looked scared.

I thought Z was good the first time I listened to it.
Generally that's pretty damning.

I stopped listening to it shortly after, tried a couple of tracks here and there since and did not feel it at all at all.

I think I got that at the same time I got Electric President, so I somehow associated them with MMJ, and then I stopped listening to all sort of music.

But I just listened to Electric President again there, who are quite good actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back