My Evil Ex + Vasco Junior + Saving J - May 7th - Bootleg @ The Pavilion (1 Viewer)

Bootleg

Bootleg
The Pavilion
Thursday May 7th

featuring

My Evil Ex
Doors 9.30pm €6 before 10pm / €8 after.

MyEvilEx.jpg

Born and bred in these despairingly bland times, My Evil Ex lash out and create their own unique offering – the stab of 70’s Punk, the thrust of 50’s Jazz and the scream of 30’s Delta Blues. Described as “Punk goes to New Orleans”, with lyrics as snappy as the dialogue of a Tarantino film and music that’s as spiky as punk and deceptively sweet vocals. My Evil Ex are known and respected on the live circuit for shows that are always tight, energetic and entertaining and have played support to such diverse groups as JJ72 and Vinny Peculiar (containing Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce of The Smiths). They have also played the Cork leg of the 2fm 2moro 2our and are the only band to perform at the Freakscene Birthday Party for five consecutive years. They are currently recording their debut album.

"Murphy's Live 2008 kicked off in An Brog, Cork to a capacity crowd. The gig opened with local band My Evil Ex. Their short, punchy set was as intense as it was theatrical. Lead singer Dylan Fitzgerald shouted through a megaphone while the band churned a mix of blues, rock and oddity." - Murphy's Live 2008

http://www.myspace.com/myevilexmusic

Vasco Junior

l_7a7f9449b158c67ad1108eace2f9d5d6.jpg

“Everybody Back On The Bus” available nationally from May 1st

A lot can happen in the music world in the space of two years and you need only look at the rapid development of Vasco Junior for proof positive of this fact. From their first few gigs it soon became apparent to Vasco Junior that their blend of energetic indie-rock riffs coupled with their knack of unearthing an infectious chorus was a real crowd pleaser. Armed with this knowledge the band set about convincing their peers and the wider music media of one simple fact, that Vasco Junior could write good songs and damned good songs at that!

Phantom 105.2 were one of the first onboard naming Vasco Junior’s first foray into the world of recording as their “Demo Of The Week”. Phantom were soon followed by Hot Press who singled Vasco Junior out as one of their “Picks Of The Fortnight”. However it was the release of their debut single Fall in the summer of 2008 which offered the first glimpse of the full potential of Vasco Junior. The track entered the Irish Singles Chart at number 15 picking up airplay on 2FM, FM104, Phantom 105.2, Spin 1038, Live 95 FM Limerick and Beat 102/103 amongst others all of which happened against a backdrop of gigging furiously around the country to an ever growing number of fans.

The next logical step for the band was to record their first long player and this task was undertaken in early 09. The resulting eleven track album “Everybody Back On The Bus” is set for an official release on 1st May and will be accompanied by national tour.

www.myspace.com/vascojunior

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back