my disk drive is shagged. (1 Viewer)

Corey

I was getting warnings about modules being unrecognisable which i assumed was a problem with the battery, but then the disk drive decided to stop opening. So...ehh...is it a virus or do i take a hammer to the nearest dell rep that i wont find in the shops?

R'spect, corey

ouch, disk failure is the worst

is your machine under guarantee? then just call the manafacturer straight away

otherwise, sounds like your drive has died. do not turn on the machine again (everytime you do you risk overwriting the data on it), you're going to have to try and get your data recovered, which, sadly, is a painfully expensive business.

best crowd in ireland is www.cdr.ie, who charge pretty reasonably, compared to some of the UK ones. i have a drive being recovered at the moment. to keep the warranty i was meant to go through a company in london who quoted me £675 stg to recover the data. unbelievable.

unless of course you have everything important backed up, which i didn't, cos then just buy a new drive, and start over.

ah, just take a hammer to it

nah, if you look *real* close you should see a tiny hole in front of the drive, for releasing the opening device. stick a needle or something similar to it.

i forget if the computer should be off when you do this or not, i am guessing yes!

ah, just take a hammer to it

nah, if you look *real* close you should see a tiny hole in front of the drive, for releasing the opening device. stick a needle or something similar to it.

i forget if the computer should be off when you do this or not, i am guessing yes!

It doesn't matter if it's on or off. My cd drive is extremely tempermental, at least half the time I gotta open it in this manner.

OH DEAR LORD WHICH HOLE IS IT!!!
050.jpg

OH DEAR LORD WHICH HOLE IS IT!!!
050.jpg

Story of my life.

The tiny-hole-pokey-thing-with-needle worked fine; and had the added bonus of momentarily making me feel like macguyver.

The missus is downloading season 3 of the wire at the moment, so i'll give it a proper whirl after; just in case i crash it. Which, because it's me; would most definatley happen.

Yizzers, sound,etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back