Musicians Wanted for Dublin band (1 Viewer)

DEndeavours

We’ve been hard at work for a year on a project that is very close to our (collective) hearts.

Coming towards the end of 2011, we (Donal - Vocals, Lyrics, Guitar, Rob - Vocals, Bass and Brian - Guitar, Synth) decided that we had the guts of an album, which we had been writing separately for some time. We collaborated and spent almost 10 days in a house by the sea in Rosslare, in the depths of January 2012. We wrote, demoed, and mused upon the sound and shape that we wanted our album to take.

After another few months of refining and finalising songs, we engaged sound engineer Pete Sisk and producer Stephen Shannon (Choice Prize winner with Adrian Crowley and musician with Strands and Halfset) to record our album. The results are astounding, and beyond what we had hoped for. We have an album that we are so proud of and cannot wait to release.

Among the collaborations on this album, we have worked with Dave Hingerty (Drummer with The Swell Season and Josh Ritter), Aoife Ruth (The Last Tycoons, Martin Staunton Band, The Annulments) and Molly O’Mahoney (Mongoose).

What’s next? We want to release the album next year with a huge promotional push and a tour. We are looking to complete our live line-up and are looking for the following musicians:

- Guitarist
- Keys/Synth Player
- Drummer

You should have some experience playing live (if possible) and be prepared to jump in the deep end with like-minded, hard working musicians. Our influences span across multiple decades and we would be hard pushed to put a label on the type of music that we produce. Suffice it to say, that we are open to musicians from a broad blend of musical backgrounds.

We are self funded, but we take our music seriously. We have invested heavily in our album, and will be investing further in promoting it next year. We would like to start gigging locally in Dublin this year, with a view to running a tour across 4 or 5 Irish cities early next year.

To get involved, and to hear our music, please contact rob [dot] cumiskey [at] gmail [dot] com with a list of your previous projects, any songs/demos or videos linked and a line or two on your aspirations as a musician.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Can send you a few demos no probs. Won't have published links for 2 weeks until music is ready, but if you pm me an email addy or email the above, can pass some stuff on for sure. What do you play?

just a quick question: What sort of music do you guys play or maybe who are your interests?

I hail from a long and exhaustive classical guitar background although have been playing electric for 6 years or so now. I have an interesting habit of giving a subtle classical or spanish feel to my music.

Although can play a wide range of music, am also known to throw a few words together every now and again i.e. lyrics and have recently been seen fiddling at the keys.

Oh and I've been influenced by all from JS Bach, BB King, Jimi Hendrix, John Frusciante, Jack White, Yann Tiersen, Paco de Lucia, rolling stones, chuck berry and others including gypsy music and film scores. So there's a lot there but all addignt o the versatility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back